Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Inside Story of Wawa, the Beloved $10 Billion Convenience Store Chain Taking Over the East Coast

Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    As I said, it happens all the time both for me and by me.
    Could it be a borough-by-borough issue? I have had the same experience as Adam on the few times I've been in Manhattan. People seriously eyeballed me like I was about to jack them up or something.
    You can't spell "hatred" without "red hat".

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Hmmm....I wonder if Pho will be next on Wawa's list. Pho is definitely the new foodie indulgence. I'm always a little taken aback when my one nephew says "I'm going to get some Pho". He's not a foodie, but he loves that stuff, especially when he's sick.
    It helps to have Vietnamese friends when you need some pho, pork bao buns or egg rolls. Until my friend Hong Bui made it for us, I had no idea what it was. Now I can't get enough of it. It's also how I was introduced to beef bone broth...which probably makes your brother feel better when he's sick.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

3. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    It helps to have Vietnamese friends when you need some pho, pork bao buns or egg rolls. Until my friend Hong Bui made it for us, I had no idea what it was. Now I can't get enough of it. It's also how I was introduced to beef bone broth...which probably makes your brother feel better when he's sick.
    Could be. My niece and nephews have always enjoyed Chinese food because I made that our "thing". This nephew only ate chicken fingers for years, with the exception of the Chinese food we would get. He's still pretty tame on food so it surprises me that he ventured out to Vietnamese and loves it. His girlfriend is vegan and Latina, so I have a feeling he's ventured out a little bit more food wise!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

5. Likes Michele liked this post