Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Have Three Foods

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

You Have Three Foods

For the rest of your life, you are confined to only eating three foods.

Assume that 100% of your nutritional needs will be met by these three foods regardless of what they are or how many calories they contain. Beer, wine, etc. are not foods for this purpose so don't include them. Assume you will not get tired of any of the foods. Foods can range from a raw ingredient like a vegetable that you can prepare any way you like to a specific entree like Chicken Kiev (but only the entree - not the usual sides). Foods can include prepared items like Nutella or Cherrios. If you pick something like "cheese" or "fish", it has to be a specific cheese or fish.

What three foods do you pick and why?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm presuming, for the purposes of this exercise, a few things:

1. There are no cost limitations, i.e. if I want lobster flown in fresh from Maine every day, then cost doesn't matter, even if I'm in Fiji.
    2. There are no amount limitations: I get to eat all of what I want at a given sitting, and start again with the same or different food next meal.
    3. This has no effect upon my life expectancy: if I decide that I want to spoon half a tub of Crisco down my throat every day, I will not have any diminished life expectancy compared to my current, reasonably-balanced diet.
    4. Finally, I won't gain an ounce, and indeed lose weight until I am the lithe, lean machine that I was after my senior year of high school.

Assuming the above, I will abuse the rules this way:

• Eggs benedict. Actually, more specifically, what the Admiral Semmes in Mobile used to call (I don't think that they serve it anymore, much is the pity) "eggs Madeline." It's a toasted English muffin, topped with pepper-jack cheese, a nice, thick piece of country ham, then a soft-poached egg, then four quarters of artichoke hearts, then smothered with an extra-spicy Hollandaise sauce (the trick is to dribble a bit of Tabasco into the butter while it's melting; if you put it into the egg emulsion, the vinegar will curdle the eggs too soon). This gets in multiple food groups: eggs, ham, artichokes, and tasty sauce. In an ideal world, I would have some red-eye gravy on the side as well.

• Bacon-wrapped filet mignon, topped with Béarnaise and also served with a side of melted butter and prepared (not creamed) horseradish, served on a piece of toasted brioche bread. (Hey, it's my choice, and it's still technically one single item of food; I'm not including mashed potatoes or broccoli or whatever). This covers the critical food groups of steak and bacon, and also includes the pyramid-toppers of butter and horseradish.

• Extra-rare (and I mean downright bloody) prime rib sandwiches served on French rolls, smeared with prepared horseradish and a mixture of cream cheese, sliced green olives, and capers, with an au jus dip. This gets in the important food groups of prime rib and something kinda green.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

3. Likes Tom Servo, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:03 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    general tso chicken
    softshell crab sandwich
    vegetable beef soup
    I'm thinking that once, in 1953, a group of interesting people just happened to be in a coffee shop at the same time and a great discussion of issues, ideas, and the meaning of life occurred. Since then we have been waiting at Starbucks for Lawrence Ferlinghetti to say something heavy.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Porterhouse steak
    Chocolate ice cream
    Peach cobbler
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    For the rest of your life, you are confined to only eating three foods.

Assume that 100% of your nutritional needs will be met by these three foods regardless of what they are or how many calories they contain. Beer, wine, etc. are not foods for this purpose so don't include them. Assume you will not get tired of any of the foods. Foods can range from a raw ingredient like a vegetable that you can prepare any way you like to a specific entree like Chicken Kiev (but only the entree - not the usual sides). Foods can include prepared items like Nutella or Cherrios. If you pick something like "cheese" or "fish", it has to be a specific cheese or fish.

What three foods do you pick and why?
    Ground beef, rice pilaf, and Bloody Mary mix (no alcohol).
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black Rice
    Moose
    Bok Choy (cooked with ginger, scallions, onion and a splash of soy.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Ground beef, rice pilaf, and Bloody Mary mix (no alcohol).
    Bloody Mary mix? You're going to have to explain all this.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bloody Mary mix? You're going to have to explain all this.
    What??? It's the vegetable.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    What??? It's the vegetable.
    There's no requirement for a vegetable or any balance at all. Whatever foods you pick will meet all your requirements.

How does the ground beef factor in?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no requirement for a vegetable or any balance at all. Whatever foods you pick will meet all your requirements.

How does the ground beef factor in?
    There are a zillion ways to use it and I like them all.