Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charcuterie Board

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I've never had fresh ones either, but I hear they're delicious. The dried ones taste just like the inside of a fig newtown!

Beautiful! I need to do something more like that this year. On mine, nothing really touches (it's how I fix my own plates!) but they look beautiful when they're so full.
    Yeah, but what do they look like after the line goes through, hahaha!
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Yeah, but what do they look like after the line goes through, hahaha!
    And I noticed the picture didn't have many utensils for picking up those things...eww! Maybe I'll stick with my method!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

3. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I noticed the picture didn't have many utensils for picking up those things...eww! Maybe I'll stick with my method!
    I just got a text from my daughter who I had sent that photo to earlier and she said, "Everything is too close together...don't put the meat next to the cheese, yuk."
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

5. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I saw those but I was thinking maybe some fresh ones because I've never had them. I did see some at Sprouts in GJ. Maybe they'll still have them around Thanksgiving.
    I've never had fresh ones either, but I hear they're delicious. The dried ones taste just like the inside of a fig newtown!

Beautiful! I need to do something more like that this year. On mine, nothing really touches (it's how I fix my own plates!) but they look beautiful when they're so full.
    Maybe buy a small quantity to taste before committing. I adore dried figs. Fresh, not so much. They have a weird texture and, to me, taste nothing like dried. However, if you've only ever tried the dried calimyrna figs (the tan ones), I recommend trying dried mission (black) figs. A whole different experience.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

7. Likes phillygirl, Gingersnap, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Maybe buy a small quantity to taste before committing. I adore dried figs. Fresh, not so much. They have a weird texture and, to me, taste nothing like dried. However, if you've only ever tried the dried calimyrna figs (the tan ones), I recommend trying dried mission (black) figs. A whole different experience.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I agree. We have friends who have a small fig farm in California and have gotten fresh figs Fed Ex'd from them from time to time. The texture is.....different. Slimy is the kindest thing I can say.

I turn them into jam and it's easy enough.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was about garage bands.

"Charcuterie Board presents: FIG JAM 2019 at the Humboldt County Community Center! Tickets $19.95 and include all of the cheese you can eat!"
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

11. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post