Thread: Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to ‘save the country’ by undermining Trump

Last Online
    Today @ 3:16 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to ‘save the country’ by undermining Trump

Nikki Haley claims top aides tried to recruit her to ‘save the country’ by undermining Trump
    By
    Anne Gearan*
    November 10, 2019 at 8:48 a.m. PST
    NEW YORK — Two of President Trump’s senior advisers undermined and ignored him in what they claimed was an effort to “save the country,” former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in a new memoir.

Former secretary of state Rex Tillerson and former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly sought to recruit her to work around and subvert Trump, but she refused, Haley writes in a new book, “With All Due Respect,” which also describes Tillerson as “exhausting” and imperious and Kelly as suspicious of her access to Trump.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Monday, November 11th, 2019 at 3:08 PM.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Nikki rolls the bones!
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

~ Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nikki gives her pitch for excusing the president:

“So, do I think it’s not good practice to talk to foreign governments about investigating Americans? Yes. Do I think the president did something that warrants impeachment? No, because the aid flowed,” she said, referring to nearly $400 million in sidelined military aid. “And, in turn, the Ukrainians didn’t follow up with the investigation,” Haley said.
    The problem, though, is that the only reason that situation was avoided was because they got caught.

Ukraine’s Zelensky Bowed to Trump’s Demands, Until Luck Spared Him

KIEV, Ukraine — It was early September, and Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky, faced an agonizing choice: whether to capitulate to President Trump’s demands to publicly announce investigations against his political enemies or to refuse, and lose desperately needed military aid.

Only Mr. Trump could unlock the aid, he had been told by two United States senators, and time was running out. If the money, nearly $400 million, were not unblocked by the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30, it could be lost in its entirety.

In a flurry of WhatsApp messages and meetings in Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, over several days, senior aides debated the point. Avoiding partisan politics in the United States had always been the first rule of Ukrainian foreign policy, but the military aid was vital to the war against Russian-backed separatist forces in eastern Ukraine, a conflict that has cost 13,000 lives since it began in 2014.

By then, however, Mr. Zelensky’s staffers were already conceding to what seemed to be the inevitable, and making plans for a public announcement about the investigations. It was a fateful decision for a fledgling president elected on an anticorruption platform that included putting an end to politically motivated investigations.

Though plans were in motion to give the White House the public statement it had sought, events in Washington saved the Ukrainian government from any final decision and eliminated the need to make the statement.

Word of the freeze in military aid had leaked out, and Congress was in an uproar. Two days before the scheduled interview, the Trump administration released the assistance and Mr. Zelensky’s office quickly canceled the interview.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 9:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    My God, this farce is truly amazing to watch.

Random person: "I got into a car to go downtown with the so-called defendant."
    Adam Schiff: "So they forced you into leaving a place where you were. In other words, kidnapping."
    Random person: "No, we got into a taxi together. We happened to be going to about the same place at the same time, so it made sense to share a cab."
    Norm and Bok: "SEE?!?!?! They ransomed the guy because he had to pay half of the cab fare!!!!"

Holy shit, how fucking stupid.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

5. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    My God, this farce is truly amazing to watch.

Random person: "I got into a car to go downtown with the so-called defendant."
    Adam Schiff: "So they forced you into leaving a place where you were. In other words, kidnapping."
    Random person: "No, we got into a taxi together. We happened to be going to about the same place at the same time, so it made sense to share a cab."
    Norm and Bok: "SEE?!?!?! They ransomed the guy because he had to pay half of the cab fare!!!!"

Holy shit, how fucking stupid.
    That is stupid, I agree. It's got nothing to do with anything posted here, but it's for sure stupid.

-H. L. Mencken