Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Georgia school says 4 teens board school bus, attack kids inside

Georgia school says 4 teens board school bus, attack kids inside

Posted: Tue 11:08 AM, Nov 19, 2019

By: The Associated Press
    November 19, 2019

DECATUR, Ga. (AP) ó Officials for an Atlanta-area public school say a group of older students boarded a bus and attacked elementary school students inside, sending one to the hospital.

A statement from the Dekalb County School District obtained by news outlets says two middle school students, one high school student and an 18-year-old non-student are accused of assaulting younger students onboard the bus Monday morning. Officials said the bus was about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from Snapfinger Elementary.

The statement says district police obtained warrants for the high school student and the 18-year-old. The two middle schoolers were transported to juvenile intake.

WSB-TV reports officials sent a voicemail to parents Monday saying the group of older students boarded the bus "to assault an elementary school student."

The hospitalized student's condition hasn't been released.
    What?

WCTV
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 5:05 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that a younger sibling was being bullied, and big brother and friends got on the bus to stop it, and things got out of hand.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    My guess is that a younger sibling was being bullied, and big brother and friends got on the bus to stop it, and things got out of hand.

Mark
    That at least sounds sensible.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post

Mark
    Thats what I thought. It happened on my school bus one day. The kid's older sister came on the bus, asked him who the problem was, grabbed the kid and stood him up and punched him in the face. They wete a tough family. Nobody messed with that kid again.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Thats what I thought. It happened on my school bus one day. The kid's older sister came on the bus, asked him who the problem was, grabbed the kid and stood him up and punched him in the face. They wete a tough family. Nobody messed with that kid again.
    I've lived a sheltered life. I can't remember anything interesting happening on my bus. I spent 7 months braiding and unbraiding the tassel on my stocking cap. Winter lasts quite a while in Wyoming.

We did hit an elk once. Well, who didn't?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've lived a sheltered life. I can't remember anything interesting happening on my bus. I spent 7 months braiding and unbraiding the tassel on my stocking cap. Winter lasts quite a while in Wyoming.

We did hit an elk once. Well, who didn't?
    My bus route was interesting. Most stops were in middle class neighborhoods, some more middle than others. This particular family was poor. They lived behind the gas station and had old Christmas lights strung up outside all year long. They were country folk. The father was Floyd. The three boys were Floyd, Boyd and Lloyd. I was in the same class as Boyd. I believe the girl's name was Becky (but I could be wrong on that one). It was an elementary school bus and she was probably in middle school. She hopped on the bus from her house after school. Not only did that kid get a whooping, but the older brothers got an earful about why they hadn't handled the problem. I'm sure she got in trouble for that by the school. However, it's still pretty tough to think of a more effective way of handling the problem.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    two middle school students, one high school student and an 18-year-old non-student
    Granted we live in farmville but our high school students don't ride with the elementary and middle school students. The bus drivers are also supposed to recognize each child and if they don't (as in they're new or riding the bus for the first time or are non-students), they are not let on the bus until they can show id and be verified by the school. Granted, we're small. This probably won't work for a large school district. It seems like the worse problems here for the kids riding the bus would be the parents that get a third written note that says their child is suspended from the bus for their behavior.
    Last edited by Michele; Wednesday, November 20th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

8. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    My bus route was interesting. Most stops were in middle class neighborhoods, some more middle than others. This particular family was poor. They lived behind the gas station and had old Christmas lights strung up outside all year long. They were country folk. The father was Floyd. The three boys were Floyd, Boyd and Lloyd. I was in the same class as Boyd. I believe the girl's name was Becky (but I could be wrong on that one). It was an elementary school bus and she was probably in middle school. She hopped on the bus from her house after school. Not only did that kid get a whooping, but the older brothers got an earful about why they hadn't handled the problem. I'm sure she got in trouble for that by the school. However, it's still pretty tough to think of a more effective way of handling the problem.
    I never saw the bus driver do anything to a kid aside from shout if somebody stood up but we were all in fear of him.

Much later I learned he was just a retired teacher who ran a Scout troop.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walk to school. No bus problems.