Thread: TESLA CYBERTRUCK FIRST RIDE: INSIDE ELON MUSKíS ELECTRIC PICKUP TRUCK

Last Online
    Today @ 6:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

TESLA CYBERTRUCK FIRST RIDE: INSIDE ELON MUSKíS ELECTRIC PICKUP TRUCK

TESLA CYBERTRUCK FIRST RIDE: INSIDE ELON MUSKíS ELECTRIC PICKUP TRUCK

About an hour or so after Tesla CEO Elon Musk revealed an absurd, futuristic, brutalist electric pickup called Cybertruck to the world, I pulled myself up into its passenger seat. A Tesla employee then took me and three others for a short joy ride down a temporarily closed-off road that lines one side of SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California.

We were riding in the midlevel, dual-motor version of the truck, which is supposed to go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds and will eventually start at $49,900. But while the prototype truck was quick, the sensation of speed was dulled by its size and (undisclosed) weight. It didnít really provide that thrilling jolt forward that Teslas are known for.

Instead, the most stunning thing about my ride in the Cybertruck was how big and roomy it was. Say what you will about the outside of the Cybertruck, but I (and the rear-seat passengers) had more space to spread out than previously seemed possible in a vehicle of this size, almost as if Tesla had pulled off some sort of magic trick.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

2. Likes scott, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I screwed up the picture.

There are lots of large pictures at the link. My first impression is this looks like a very low resolution rendering of a distant vehicle from an early version of Grand Theft Auto.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

4. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

~ Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    My first impression is this looks like a very low resolution rendering of a distant vehicle from an early version of Grand Theft Auto.
    Better yet:

-H. L. Mencken

7. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

-H. L. Mencken

9. Likes scott liked this post