Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Sherptek

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:10 PM
    Posts
    14,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sherptek

    Kind of wish I didnít stumble on this. If the market holds in 2020 we might have to consider an upgrade to a Ram 5500 Chassis Cab with one of these built on it for the Bigfoot.

    If it pays, it stays

  2. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 7:15 AM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,631
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty cool. I think that the fuel fill is slightly wonky, and I would probably want to have something that integrates a grill into one of those drop-down sides, but those are just minor complaints in the the grand scheme of things. That they can make it so lightweight is wonderful. We have a company here called Stringfellow who do similar things, but they're really more about work beds and their stuff is definitely heavier weight.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:10 PM
    Posts
    14,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Looks pretty cool. I think that the fuel fill is slightly wonky, and I would probably want to have something that integrates a grill into one of those drop-down sides, but those are just minor complaints in the the grand scheme of things. That they can make it so lightweight is wonderful. We have a company here called Stringfellow who do similar things, but they're really more about work beds and their stuff is definitely heavier weight.
    Thereís adjustable rail attachment on the drop down sides, so you could put a grill on a slide out tray.
    If it pays, it stays

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:10 PM
    Posts
    14,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been looking at these guys as well. They are far cheaper but not as customizable

    LINK

    D11B03CB-E795-41A6-865C-A9DB934CB431.png
    If it pays, it stays

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:08 AM
    Posts
    11,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Been looking at these guys as well. They are far cheaper but not as customizable

    LINK

    D11B03CB-E795-41A6-865C-A9DB934CB431.png
    Why not go with the Sprinter Van again? This is what I want in about 10 years:

    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

    link

    Time will tell.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:03 PM
    Posts
    22,923
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no need for something like that but if I won the Lotto, I would absolutely get everything and find a need.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  8. Likes scott liked this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:10 PM
    Posts
    14,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Why not go with the Sprinter Van again? This is what I want in about 10 years:

    Thereís one undeniable reality in the RV world. It also applies to boats in my experience.

    THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT RIG

    They all have trade offs. The Class B sprinter conversions are too small for extended full time use for most people. They woefully lack storage space. The chassis is not as rugged as our 4x4 Dodge dually either.

    The class C sprinter conversions get pretty big when they reach comfort size. Again the chassis are questionably under built for rugged use.

    Our present rig still performs fine itís just rough on it being near GVW and the extra storage and customizing provided by the Sherptek placed on a heavier duty Ram 5500 with a GVW of 19,500 would solve all the issues.

    Now since we are talking lottos and such I could dream my way into this beauty.

    2019 Ram 5500 Limited
    If it pays, it stays

  10. Likes Gingersnap, scott liked this post
  11. #8
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:10 PM
    Posts
    14,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resurrecting this thread!!

    On our last road trip we stopped at the Sherptek "factory" in Oregon and met with Ryan and Rebecca. Really nice people. They had a couple builds in progress and their work is pure art. Every weld is like butter and there are no sharp edges on any metal surface. I can't tell you how many times I've been cut on items like our camper door corners before I took a file to everything.

    Our present evolving plan is a Ram 5500 Chassis Cab. Unfortunately in the trim package we prefer (because of functional equipment, not gingerbread) we would have to get a Crew Cab. That limits us to a 60CA (60 inch cab to axle length) resulting in a 9 foot custom Sherptek bed. If we could get what we wanted in a standard cab we could go with an 84CA and have a 36 inch custom storage box where the back seats of the Crew Cab are. That would be way more function.

    Presently in the design planning stages.

    We have ORKA really well outfitted now after four years of upgrades and our lithium battery bank and solar charging makes us completely independent of the grid.

    The 2021 model year Ram order banks open in October and we are hoping for a line up change that would allow us to go standard cab but we are not counting on it.
    If it pays, it stays

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    15,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    All your earlier links are now broken.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    15,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Resurrecting this thread!!

    On our last road trip we stopped at the Sherptek "factory" in Oregon and met with Ryan and Rebecca. Really nice people. They had a couple builds in progress and their work is pure art. Every weld is like butter and there are no sharp edges on any metal surface. I can't tell you how many times I've been cut on items like our camper door corners before I took a file to everything.

    Our present evolving plan is a Ram 5500 Chassis Cab. Unfortunately in the trim package we prefer (because of functional equipment, not gingerbread) we would have to get a Crew Cab. That limits us to a 60CA (60 inch cab to axle length) resulting in a 9 foot custom Sherptek bed. If we could get what we wanted in a standard cab we could go with an 84CA and have a 36 inch custom storage box where the back seats of the Crew Cab are. That would be way more function.

    Presently in the design planning stages.

    We have ORKA really well outfitted now after four years of upgrades and our lithium battery bank and solar charging makes us completely independent of the grid.

    The 2021 model year Ram order banks open in October and we are hoping for a line up change that would allow us to go standard cab but we are not counting on it.
    What would your current rig sell for if you replaced it?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •