Thread: 53 Percent of Republicans Say Trump Is a Better President Than Lincoln

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

53 Percent of Republicans Say Trump Is a Better President Than Lincoln

53 Percent of Republicans Say Trump Is a Better President Than Lincoln

According to a new weekly tracking poll from the Economist/YouGov, a majority of Republicans prefer President Donald Trump over former President Abraham Lincoln. Yep, you read that right.

The poll, which surveyed 1,500 Americans, showed Republicans favoring Trump over Lincoln by 6 percentage points, 53 to 47. But the same poll gave us hope that not all Americans have lost their minds, with a total of 75 percent saying that Lincoln was indeed the better leader.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    34% of Black voters now support Trump as well.

The Orange Man Bad propaganda machine needs more oiling.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    File this under things you never thought you'd have to explain to anybody:
    Supporting Trump is a long ways from thinking he's a better president than Lincoln.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:27 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, Lincoln said he was willing to keep slavery to save the union. It just turned out that's not what the country needed.

Also, Lincoln was for sending freed slaves to Africa.

https://www.history.com/news/slavery...ociety-liberia

“If all earthly power were given me, I should not know what to do, as to the existing insti*tution. My first impulse would be to free all the slaves, and send them to Liberia,–to their own native land. But a moment’s reflection would convince me, that whatever of high hope, (as I think there is) there may be in this, in the long run, its sudden execution is impossible. If they were all landed there in a day, they would all perish in the next ten days; and there are not surplus shipping and surplus money enough in the world to carry them there in many times ten days."
    I think it was considered a progressive idea at the time.

Donald Trump is a little bit better than that at times. He might call a black supporter his African-American, but he won't try to send them to Africa. I don't think. It might depend on how far back the ancestry was.

Roosevelt was considered a great president despite locking of Japanese Americans. Today, if Trump suggests doing that, that would make him the worst guy ever.

Washington was considered great despite owning slaves.

So, in some senses, Trump has been a better president than some previous ones (applying 2019 standards).

One thing I have learned is to NEVER AGAIN say there will never be a worse president. It's like there's somebody out there ready to fulfill the challenge. Presidents and attorney generals.