Thread: WHEN YOU CONDONE POLITICIZING MEDICAL PROCEDURES, YOU GET...

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

WHEN YOU CONDONE POLITICIZING MEDICAL PROCEDURES, YOU GET...

This.

In October, Dr. Eve Krief watched from the window of her Long Island, New York, pediatrics practice, as around 20 women gathered on the lawn.

Armed with signs and banners with messages like, We spread truth not disease, the women a group of anti-vaccine activists from New York and California had come to protest Krief over her recent support for the 2019 state law that removed religious exemptions for vaccines.

Some of the protesters sat with signs, while others stuck anti-vaccine propaganda under car windshield wipers in the parking lot. Several approached parents entering the building with their infants, asking, "Are you vaccinating your baby?"
    Kind of like harassing women entering a clinic by asking if they're planning to "kill your baby."

Opposition to immunizations was once largely limited to online bullying, but now opponents are increasingly taking their harassment tactics into the real world: aggressively following legislators and doctors and, in some cases, using physical violence.
    Because these people also believe they're protecting children. And that justifies harassing and sometimes physically attacking people seeking medical procedures with which the protesters disagree.

Pan said anti-vaccine groups have stalked him at conferences, speaking engagements, even the March for Science in Washington.

As legislators, "we deal with all sorts of contentious issues guns, abortions, lots of issues people are very passionate about," Pan said. "But the degree to which the anti-vaccine extremists takes this is in excess of any other group."
    Well, maybe not any other group.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 5:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find the idea of opposition to vaccination extremely disappointing.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very pro-vax and believe every public school should require across-the-board current vaccinations for students and staff with no exceptions other than serious medical contraindications.

That said, I do think there's something to parents' complaints about how and when vaccinations are given.

When most NEIP members were kids we had a handful of vaccinations/boosters spread out over some years. We weren't getting any at birth or large multiple vaccinations very frequently as infants and toddlers.

I doubt any cause autism but some do have adverse effects on some kids that probably wouldn't happen if they were given in a different way or at a different time.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm very pro-vax and believe every public school should require across-the-board current vaccinations for students and staff with no exceptions other than serious medical contraindications.

That said, I do think there's something to parents' complaints about how and when vaccinations are given.

When most NEIP members were kids we had a handful of vaccinations/boosters spread out over some years. We weren't getting any at birth or large multiple vaccinations very frequently as infants and toddlers.

I doubt any cause autism but some do have adverse effects on some kids that probably wouldn't happen if they were given in a different way or at a different time.
    I certainly believe in vaccinations, but nothing is 100% safe. I had a dog die after being vaccinated so I can see why people could be hesitant.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are headed for a true civil war, but that isn't limited to two factions.
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    We are headed for a true civil war, but that isn't limited to two factions.
    And the next government will be a dictatorship. Well, at least the left will get what they want.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    that probably wouldn't happen if they were given in a different way or at a different time.
    Dictates of the insurance companies.