Thread: Stephen King Savaged by ‘Woke’ Mob For Saying Art Should be Judged on Quality, Not “Diversity” How dare he?

Last Online
    Today @ 5:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen King Savaged by ‘Woke’ Mob For Saying Art Should be Judged on Quality, Not “Diversity” How dare he?

Stephen King Savaged by ‘Woke’ Mob For Saying Art Should be Judged on Quality, Not “Diversity”

How dare he?

Published 12 hours ago on 14 January, 2020
    Paul Joseph Watson

Author Stephen King is facing potential cancellation from the ‘woke’ mob after he responded to the Oscar nominations by saying art should be judged on quality, not the “diversity” of its creators.

King was responding to controversy surrounding the Oscar nominations being too “white” and too “male”.

Vogue reported that the choices were “a pretty poor showing for…well, anyone other than straight white men,” complaining that no females were nominated for best director and “zero performers of color were nominated in the best supporting actor and best supporting actress categories.”

King responded on Twitter by daring to suggest that potential winners should be judged on their merits and not their genitalia or skin color.

“As a writer, I am allowed to nominate in just 3 categories: Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Screenplay,” tweeted King.

“For me, the diversity issue–as it applies to individual actors and directors, anyway–did not come up. That said…I would never consider diversity in matters of art. Only quality. It seems to me that to do otherwise would be wrong,” he added.

For daring to suggest that movies should be judged solely on whether they are good or not, King faced an immediate backlash from ‘woke’ Twitter users.

“When films created by people of color, irrespective of quality, constantly get overlooked by institutions that are predominately comprised of white men, there is an implicit bias at work here,” responded Morgan Jerkins.

“Sir, respectfully saying you as a white man can’t really say that. You had more advantages and opportunities than a person of color would have. They have been wrongfully held back in so many ways just because of their color skin,” tweeted David Weissman.

King started out as a garden variety Liberal but as he moved from Popular Horror Writer to American Man of Letters he drifted ever leftward and now has a terminal case of TDS.

He's right about this, though. Art should be evaluated on quality, not on skin tone or genitalia. It's ironic that he's getting whipped by the same wokescolds he usually leads.

As it happens, King had the great advantage of writing well in a subgenre that caught fire and exploded in popularity in the mid 70s AND his debut novel was made into the perfect teen horror/revenge movie. He was in the right place at the right time and he was a very readable and prolific writer. I'm sure the vast majority of his readers were white (as are the vast majority of all readers in the U.S.).

Had he attempted to break into pop music or the nascent rap scene he would have just been another forgotten white failure. So what?

Summit News
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 5:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so fucking sick of this diversity bullshit. Makes me want to puke.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    I am so fucking sick of this diversity bullshit. Makes me want to puke.

Mark
    I don't see how the Oscars even exist anymore. It's been years since the Academy agreed with the public about much more than costuming and special effects.

The award started out as an industry award just as other fields have industry awards and it should probably go back to that. Nobody cares about the color of the person coming up with the year's best coffee maker or nanny cam and nobody should.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 6:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Woketards seem to be saying women and non-whites can't succeed on their own without help.

Of course, that's standard leftist dogma.

King is, surprisingly, right. Accidents of birth have no bearing on quality of work.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

5. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't BET have it's own awards with no whites allowed?