Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate GOP Blows Off GAO Finding That Trumpís Hold On Ukraine Aid Was Illegal

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 1:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just dumb blooblahs which make reading a newspaper boring.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    What remarkable timing it is, to throw out the "broke the law" red meat just as the impeachment show was opening the curtain in the Senate. I just can't recall such hoopla when the Obama administration crossed the same line.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

3. Likes scott, Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 2:28 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    What remarkable timing it is, to throw out the "broke the law" red meat just as the impeachment show was opening the curtain in the Senate. I just can't recall such hoopla when the Obama administration crossed the same line.
    What incident are you referring to? Biden-Shokin?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Lol. You know thats bullshit. And I know thats bullshit.

Mark
    You don't speak for me. I don't think it's bullshit at all. Why do you think it's bullshit? Do you believe that Congress has the power of the purse?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:35 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    You don't speak for me. I don't think it's bullshit at all. Why do you think it's bullshit? Do you believe that Congress has the power of the purse?
    I believe that all presidents used their power to do things that were unsaid by Congress when a budget was passed.

For instance:
    Various Democrats are all over the media today saying that the fact that the GAO found that Trump acted illegally re spending appropriated funds means he should be tossed out of office. Does this mean that Obama, whom the GAO found illegally defied Congress in ordering the Defense Department to send five Guantanomo prisoners to Qatar in defiance of duly-enacted legislation prohibited Obama from expending any funds on such action, should have been removed from office as well?
    https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...msm-is-asking/

Like I said, I know its bullshit, and you do to. That won't stop your Trump hate though.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that all presidents used their power to do things that were unsaid by Congress when a budget was passed.

For instance:

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/...msm-is-asking/

Like I said, I know its bullshit, and you do to. That won't stop your Trump hate though.

Mark
    This is what I said about the Bergdahl swap:

I would fucking love to see Republicans impeach Obama over this. He ignored your 30-day waiting period. Go get him. Put up or shut up.
    I'm consistent. I would also love to see Trump impeached over his violation of the law.

And, if you think getting Ukraine to investigate Biden was something Congress wanted but left unstated, that is bullshit. The notion that Trump is concerned with corruption in Ukraine (in general) is bullshit. The notion that Burisma had anything whatsoever to do with the military aid Trump was holding up is bullshit.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Monday, January 20th, 2020 at 2:43 PM.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I said about the Bergdahl swap:

I'm consistent. I would also love to see Trump impeached over his violation of the law.

And, if you think getting Ukraine to investigate Biden was something Congress wanted but left unstated, that is bullshit. The notion that Trump is concerned with corruption in Ukraine (in general) is bullshit. The notion that Burisma had anything whatsoever to do with the military aid Trump was holding up is bullshit.
    My point is, and was, ONLY TRUMP is being singled out for illegal actions as a president. Know why Norm? Cause the political elite want their cushy ass jobs left alone. If that doesn't bother you, it should.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

9. Likes daveman liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point is, and was, ONLY TRUMP is being singled out for illegal actions as a president. Know why Norm? Cause the political elite want their cushy ass jobs left alone. If that doesn't bother you, it should.

Mark
    Only Trump is using the power of the presidency to help himself. Nixon did some of that, too, but you see what happened to him.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only Trump is using the power of the presidency to help himself. Nixon did some of that, too, but you see what happened to him.
    What a pant load. Obama did it, and certainly Biden did to. But you just go ahead and railroad Trump.

Mark

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a pant load. Obama did it, and certainly Biden did to. But you just go ahead and railroad Trump.

Mark
    Show me where Obama and Biden used the office of president to help themselves.

-H. L. Mencken