Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Northeastern University student from Iran has been removed from the US.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 20th, 2020 @ 5:44 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.notpolitical.info/forums/...220#post196220

Quote Originally Posted by daveman View Post
    Update:

Iranian student whose deportation spurred Dem outcry has family ties to IRGC, Hezbollah: DHS official

But the DHS official, speaking to Fox News, said that the case was more complicated than some were letting on, and that there were legitimate reasons for rejecting Dehghani. Specifically, the official told Fox News that Dehghani’s family has links to the IRGC -- of which Gen. Qassem Soleimani, who was recently killed in a controversial U.S. strike, was a member -- and to terror group Hezbollah. That claim, first reported by WBUR News, focuses on his family's association with a company sanctioned by the U.S. for its terror ties.

That company was sanctioned by the Obama administration in 2010, when the Treasury Department identified the company as having been used by the IRGC to support terrorist activities outside of Iran -- namely in support of Hezbollah.

The DHS official also said there was information that Dehghani himself had recently been in Iraq. There was no information provided on what it was believed Dehghani was doing there. Meanwhile, a government official told The New York Times that Dehghani was the administrator of a YouTube channel called “Islamic Pulse,” which called for reprisals against the U.S. for Soleimani’s death.
    Hey, Norm, I bet his lawyer's letter didn't mention any of that.
    Assuming any of that is true, they should have abided by the court-ordered stay and explained it at the hearing that was scheduled like a lawful agency would do.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    http://www.notpolitical.info/forums/...220#post196220

Assuming any of that is true, they should have abided by the court-ordered stay and explained it at the hearing that was scheduled like a lawful agency would do.
    "AsSuMiNg AnY oF tHaT iS tRuE"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarcastic child.gif 
Views:	16 
Size:	598.3 KB 
ID:	2654

The poor child, calling for Americans to be killed. So misunderstood.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

Last Online
    Thursday, February 20th, 2020 @ 5:44 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we don't need to follow the law for bad people?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure he's got a GoFundMe you can contribute to. Probably most of your donation won't wind up in Hezbollah's bank account. Maybe.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

5. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:44 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is a stay by a federal judge the absolute law of the land? I don't think it is, especially with regards to DHS and terrorism-related actions. I could be wrong though.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Americans certainly don't have to let into our country, cities, schools...…….. people who pubLically declare they want to kill us.
    How mAny people are court ordered to let a murderer live in their home?

8. Likes daveman liked this post