Thread: Kirk Douglas dead at 103

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 7:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirk Douglas dead at 103

Kirk Douglas -- renowned actor and father of Michael Douglas, with a decorated career spanning more than six decades -- has died.

Kirk passed Wednesday. Kirk's health had been in decline. In 1996 he suffered a stroke but recovered most of his faculties. Last time we saw him enjoying life was in April 2019 when he was "camping" in his grandson's backyard.

Michael said, "It is with tremendous sadness that my brothers I announce that Kirk Douglas left us today at the age of 103. To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard of us all to aspire to." Michael ended this way ... "But to me and my brothers, Joel and Peter, he was simply dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchildren, their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband."
    I always enjoyed him as an actor. A long and fruitful life.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 3:37 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    He chewed the scenery now and then but he was always a riveting presence on the screen. He will be missed.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 @ 7:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now he and Tony Curtis can once again argue over who really is Spartacus.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    End of an era.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 7:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    End of an era.
    Indeed. I think my favorite of his was Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster, which I now realize was shot when he was 70 years old (!). What a hell of a combination those two were!

Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.