Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman sues Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren for $265 million

Last Online
    Today @ 9:31 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

George Zimmerman sues Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren for $265 million

What is it with Democrats? Zimmerman was found not guilty, and they still paint him as a murderer. I hope he gets every penny he is suing for.

George Zimmerman wants a day in court against two of the leading Democratic presidential contenders, accusing them of defamation.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Florida, the man who killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense in 2012 accused Pete Buttigieg and Sen. Elizabeth Warren of “maliciously defam[ing]” Mr. Zimmerman, using the killing “as a pretext to demagogue and falsely brand Zimmerman as a white supremacist and racist to their millions of Twitter followers.”

Mr. Zimmerman was acquitted of all charges on traditional self-defense grounds, because Martin attacked him and beat his head against the ground, supposedly for profiling the black teen while on a neighborhood-watch shift.

“The obvious intent of Buttigieg and Warren’s Tweets is alleged race baiting, in an attempt to draw African American votes during this Democrat presidential primary season,” Zimmerman attorney Larry Klayman said in an announcement of the lawsuit, according to WorldNetDaily.

The suit was filed in the Circuit Court for the 10th Judicial Circuit in Polk County, Florida.

It accuses Ms. Warren and Mr. Buttigieg of actual malice, a prerequisite to win a libel case if one is a public figure.

“Both defendants, Buttigieg and Warren, are alleged in the complaint to have acted with actual malice, as it is widely known that Zimmerman was acquitted of murder based on self-defense,” the announcement said.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...elizabeth-war/

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 3:03 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
    and lost …
    But the Republicans are racist.

3. Likes daveman, scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Good.
    This.

He won't get $265M out of them, as neither are remotely worth that, but he can put a serious dent in both.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:47 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    This.

He won't get $265M out of them, as neither are remotely worth that, but he can put a serious dent in both.
    That would be fun, but given that neither actually mentions him by name then I have little confidence in his case succeeding. He should have sued Sybrina Fulton right after she got the insurance money.
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    That would be fun, but given that neither actually mentions him by name then I have little confidence in his case succeeding. He should have sued Sybrina Fulton right after she got the insurance money.
    True.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anything to make that everlasting attention whore shut up?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Is there anything to make that everlasting attention whore shut up?
    Perhaps people could stop calling him a racist murderer while on the campaign trail.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

9. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Perhaps people could stop calling him a racist murderer while on the campaign trail.

The guy has done everything he can to stay in the spotlight since he was acquitted in 2012. He even publicly sold the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin. He's an attention seeker. Do you remember the name of the guy who killed the kid in Baton Rouge, Charlotte, Philadelphia, or New York? If not, think about why that is.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has done everything he can to stay in the spotlight since he was acquitted in 2012. He even publicly sold the gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin. He's an attention seeker. Do you remember the name of the guy who killed the kid in Baton Rouge, Charlotte, Philadelphia, or New York? If not, think about why that is.
    Again, is he the one who put this issue out on the campaign trail? I'll be honest, when I saw the headline, I thought exactly what you thought. Then I read the article. I don't like the guy. At all. But fair is fair. As some people say "keep your name out of my mouth". This lawsuit is a direct result of them not doing that. There are lots of real examples of convicted murderers who did heinous things because of bigotry and racism. This guy was acquitted. Raise money and votes using a different example.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who seek attention usually start pretty early in life. Had this incident never happened, it's very unlikely anybody would have heard anything about a guy who at one point worked three jobs, relentlessly attempted to improve his education, created a business (that failed) with a black partner, tutored black children, and generally seemed pretty ordinary.

His behavior after the incident was not always great but few people aside from Trump have been so vilified for so long. I like to think that I'm fairly grounded but I have no idea how I would handle the intense hatred that Zimmerman has endured. They even made fun of him gaining weight from stress. His family was destroyed. The various crimes he has been accused of since the trial have all been dropped. If they could have nailed him, they would have - he has few friends among prosecutors.

He was almost killed by a crazed hater in a shooting.

Selling the gun seems smart when the guy owning it can't get work due to the media/political pressure.

Having his story used by politicians may be the last straw for him. Why not sue? It's not like the guy has anything now to lose.

Put a woman in his place in a thought experiment. Would she be an untrustworthy attention-seeker?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."