Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pinning the tale on The Donald

Last Online
    Today @ 6:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I tend to look askance - no, actually, I usually just make my escape as soon as possible - when I encounter people who announce their religious (or anti- or a-religious) beliefs before we know each other very well. I think I've mentioned encounters with other parents at the playground, some of whom follow, "Hi, I'm SueAnn and this is my daughter, Janeen" with "What church do y'all attend?" I would feel exactly the same if someone introduced herself at a conference by saying, "Hi, I'm Jennifer with Aetna. Don't you just wish Christians would stop making such a big deal of Easter?"
    Yes, but you're polite.

Most atheists, vegans and crossfitters are not - and they are on a mission to sneer.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Agreed.

I don't mind religious art since a lot of cube decoration (at least where I worked) tended toward the violent sci fi end. (Techies, what are you gonna do?).

At the same time, I don't want to see somebody laughing at another person who says grace over a tuna sandwich in the workplace (and I have seen that). I'd never diss a Hindu or Buddhist over whatever they do about food (nor should anyone). Laughing or mocking a religious person at work is just as bad as overhearing somebody spreading the Gospel when you don't want to hear it.

I've never thought the workplace was the correct place for evangelism (of any kind) but silent prayer or modest religious images (of whatever religion) seem okay to me.

People don't stop being whatever they are when the keycard goes in the reader.
    I honestly have no problem with expression of one's beliefs. It's good to know what is important to people. I object to the abject rudeness of many people who want to be "in your face" about it.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

3. Likes daveman liked this post
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 7:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Yes, but you're polite.

Most atheists, vegans and crossfitters are not - and they are on a mission to sneer.
    Pffft. You're just pissed off because those of us with COVID19 are able to turn over a truck tire 148 times and you can only make it 136.

Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Friday, May 1st, 2020 @ 7:36 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Yes, but you're polite.

An atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar. I only know because they told everybody within two minutes.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower

7. Likes 80zephyr, gary m, Newman, scott, Adam liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveman View Post
    An atheist, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar. I only know because they told everybody within two minutes.
    Stealing this.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

9. Likes daveman, Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Friday, May 1st, 2020 @ 7:36 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Stealing this.

Mark
    Why not? I did.
    “I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

"I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

"I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.”

The Gunslinger Creed, Stephen King, The Dark Tower