Thread: Jim Acosta tries to get Dr. Fauci to blame Trump for coronavirus deaths, but he dismantles his question instead

Last Online
    Today @ 7:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Jim Acosta tries to get Dr. Fauci to blame Trump for coronavirus deaths, but he dismantles his question instead

Jim Acosta tries to get Dr. Fauci to blame Trump for coronavirus deaths, but he dismantles his question instead

CARLOS GARCIA

CNN reporter Jim Acosta asked if President Donald Trump failed to act quickly enough against the coronavirus pandemic to prevent as many deaths as possible, but Dr. Anthony Fauci dismantled the assumptions of his question instead.

"This may be an uncomfortable question, what would the models have looked like, that Dr. Birx and Dr. Fauci showed us, if we had started the social distancing guidelines sooner in February, or January, when China and South Korea were doing those sorts of things," asked Acosta, referring to projections about coronavirus deaths.

"Well, I'm gonna let them answer that, yeah," responded Trump.

"But remember this, and again I say that, and everybody says it, you know who says it better than anybody is Dr. Fauci, I had a decision to make, maybe it was my biggest decision," he continued. "China was heavily infected, and thousands and thousands of people were coming from China to the United States, and against the wishes, and not even wishes, but they disagreed with the decision, I made a decision to stop China from coming in. Took a lot of heat!"

The president asked Dr. Deborah Birx to respond, and she explained that there was a lack of information from before the pandemic took off in the United States.

Dr. Anthony Fauci backed up Birx and gently scolded Acosta for seeking a sound bite that could be taken out of context.

"Just to underscore what Dr. Birx was saying, if there was no virus in the background, there was nothing to mitigate," Fauci explained.
    More spanking at the link.

The Blaze
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 7:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pelosi on Feb 25th.

And Deblasio on Feb 14th:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...about-your-li/

"Go on with your lives"

I would bet my last dime that Acosta NEVER asks these questions of Pelosi or DeBlasio.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

3. Likes daveman liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:16 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't test if there isn't a test. Which isn't going to be made for some random unknown.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Can't test if there isn't a test. Which isn't going to be made for some random unknown.
    There are tests and have been from the early days. Some tests were defective and couldn't be used. There weren't enough tests for everybody and there are limitations to testing active disease. You can test negative and become infected on the way out to your car to go home. This test is most useful in clinical settings to distinguish between COVID-19 and similar viruses.

The antibody test is about ready to be rolled out and that will be the game-changer.

6. Likes scott, daveman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:09 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There are tests and have been from the early days. Some tests were defective and couldn't be used. There weren't enough tests for everybody and there are limitations to testing active disease. You can test negative and become infected on the way out to your car to go home. This test is most useful in clinical settings to distinguish between COVID-19 and similar viruses.

The antibody test is about ready to be rolled out and that will be the game-changer.
    Like the idiots in New York standing shoulder to shoulder in long lines to be tested when they have no symptoms to begin with.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 7:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

My feelings as well. I was sick pretty much the entire month of January, as was a lot of my family and friends. I want to know if I have already have had the virus or not.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    My feelings as well. I was sick pretty much the entire month of January, as was a lot of my family and friends. I want to know if I have already have had the virus or not.

Mark
    That's the important metric for a lot of public health measures. Did you get exposed or not? Not everybody who is exposed gets a week or more of misery. Some have no symptoms and some have such minor symptoms that they ignore it.

If you have antibodies, you are safe to do pretty much whatever. You aren't getting or spreading anything.

There are a lot of anecdotal accounts of people feeling poorly in December and January. Most of those are probably common-place colds or flu but some probably aren't. If we can clear those people, it would be great.