Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Food

Last Online
    Today @ 5:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Quarantine Food

Yesterday was lasagna. Since we couldn't have the crowd over, I didn't want to make a ham or leg of lamb and all the stuff. We can eat another dinner off the lasagna and then I'll portion it and freeze it.

Today is bean soup (Northern beans, a ham hock, carrots, and diced ham at the end) and a fancy baguette. I'm not good at French breads (they're fussy) but this turned out pretty okay. Like the lasagna, this will get another meal after tonight before being portioned and frozen.

It's snowing like crazy and below freezing cold so a soup will be perfect.

I'm set except for fresh produce. I'll run out of salad fixings by Thursday or so.

What's on your menu?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't figured out dinner for tonight. Yesterday was a beef tenderloin and a small lollipop lamb chop rack. Also baked potatoes, salad, coleslaw and some crescent rolls. We ate everything except one portion of meat and some of the coleslaw. Unfortunately, nobody here really likes soup or vegetables, which are my specialty. I've fed them more red sauce than they eat in a year and probably more salad and vegetables than they eat in a lifetime. One day this week I'll make some chicken salad which will last a few days at least for lunches.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

3. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd eat soup once a day if I could get away with it but Mr. Snaps is not a huge fan.

5. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:08 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made 3 steaks (there were 3 in the bag I froze 3 weeks ago) because I stocked up and now have to start eating what I bought at the beginning of it.

Delicious yesterday and today, by the way.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

7. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was lazy tonight. 3 oz. cheddar, 3 whole-grain crackers with seeds, and a glass of V8 with hot sauce. But for brunch I made an omelet and had half a crispy apple. And, of course, Cafe du Monde coffee and chicory.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 2:29 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whole chicken baked in white wine, green beans sauteed in olive oil and dill, new potatoes with butter, garlic and rosemary. Peaches.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

10. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    The revenge cookies were excellent. One batch was cherry oatmeal and one was white chocolate and Macadamia nuts.

Now, thinking of making 100 tamales. You know, just in case.

12. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    Whole chicken baked in white wine, green beans sauteed in olive oil and dill, new potatoes with butter, garlic and rosemary. Peaches.
    Mmmmmm...are you receiving?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 4th, 2020 @ 7:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Oh, yum! Beer can chicken is something that I haven't though of lately. That gives me a good idea.

Easter Sunday was a proper eggs Benedict with broiled asparagus on a bed of white rice (leftover) that I seasoned up a bit with some thyme and rosemary.

Tonight is taco night. Burn up the remainder of the ground beef pulled out of the freezer before it goes bad, and we have onions, peppers. cheddar, lettuce that needs to get eaten up, and of course sour cream. Should be a good dinner tonight.

Last night was cheeseburgers that wound up coming out a bit overdone, unfortunately. Still not used to how hot a propane grill will get so quickly. But, tasty, nonetheless.

Upcoming: shrimp on the barbie. I was rather shocked to find fresh shrimp in the grocery store (TP is still somewhat scarce), but I grabbed some, and there's enough stuff leftover to make up a decent cocktail sauce, so I'll probably do that with some jasmine rice tomorrow night.

I was thinking that we'd have warmer weather (it was in the mid-80s just a week ago), but we actually had snow flurries this afternoon (unheard-of this time of year in this locale), so I'm thinking soup or maybe a pot roast rather than cucumbers and onions and cream cheese and olive sandwiches. Kind of a bummer because I planned for the latter, but it will keep at least for a few days. The mayonnaise that I made in preparation, however, got dumped today. It was freaking excellent on BLTs a couple of days ago, though.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh, oooh!

(Waves hand dramatically).

I make killer cocktail sauce! The key is brown sugar.