Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Quarantine Food

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Have you tried the pearled couscous? Since you like the ditalini, you might like the pearled couscous as well. I've never seen the ditalini with ridges either.
    I haven't tried it but I would because I like couscous. There's another small pasta that I like in salads called acini di pepe. I will put it in chicken soup sometime too since I'm not a fan of noodles in soup.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:05 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I haven't tried it but I would because I like couscous. There's another small pasta that I like in salads called acini di pepe. I will put it in chicken soup sometime too since I'm not a fan of noodles in soup.
    My BFF makes her world famous Frog's Eye Salad with that. I'd give her a lung but I wouldn't eat her salad on a bet.

Scout adored it. Jack will eat it under the table but he resents it.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Yeah the acini di Pepe is great for soups.

I've used the regular and the pearled couscous for a cold salad. I liked them both.
    the pearled tasted more like pasta .
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

4. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are so fucked.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Entertaining for the first time tonight. Nothing spectacular: just a woman my brother has been seeing, not a dinner party for 18 or whatever.

Rib-eyes, broiled asparagus, both with a Béarnaise sauce, and cucumber and onions that I made up yesterday and have been steeping in vinegar overnight.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

7. Likes Michele, phillygirl, Novaheart liked this post