Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grocery shopping.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:36 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Yeah, I love the old school salads at diners that include a few pieces of pickled beet. We had them from the can on occasion growing up...hating them then.

Turnips I love! At holidays my grandmother made at least 5 vegetable side dishes and mashed turnips was always one of them. My cousin and I made them a few years ago "for old times sake". I think she and I were the only ones that ate them!
    I might like turnips if I try them now. I haven't eaten turnip since I was seven years old- back then I didn't like "hot" things. I still don't like radishes. I have come to adore horseradish, german mustard, and anything that isn't hellbent on attacking the inside of my mouth.
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:16 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I might like turnips if I try them now. I haven't eaten turnip since I was seven years old- back then I didn't like "hot" things. I still don't like radishes. I have come to adore horseradish, german mustard, and anything that isn't hellbent on attacking the inside of my mouth.
    If it pays, it stays

3. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Turnips aren't super spicy like horseradish but they have a little nip. I'm still pretty traumatized from mistaking mashed turnips for mashed potatoes as a kid but I use them sparingly in soups and stews.

You could try a ratio in a mashed format. I sometimes add one turnip to a lot of mashed potatoes. It adds a certain something without being definitive. The little ones are milder than the big ones. People say that slow roasting makes them sweeter but I've never tried.

Horses love turnips both as a toy and a snack. FYI in case you have to amuse a horse while wearing a turnip on your belt (since onions are so last year).
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

5. Likes Novaheart liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    This might save your life, friend.
    How so?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    How so?
    Cheese is a high-fat, low-density protein. Not the best for people with heart-disease risk factors. This information provided by someone (me) who adores extra sharp cheddar, double Gloucester, Stilton, smoke Gouda....

...but Tillamook is better than Kraft. Just sayin'.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:55 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Cheese is a high-fat, low-density protein. Not the best for people with heart-disease risk factors. This information provided by someone (me) who adores extra sharp cheddar, double Gloucester, Stilton, smoke Gouda....

...but Tillamook is better than Kraft. Just sayin'.
    I eat Kraft cheese about 4 times a year. I keep a supply to give my dog his Lymes medicine.

Lol.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

9. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    I eat Kraft cheese about 4 times a year. I keep a supply to give my dog his Lymes medicine.

Lol.
    It's good for that. Mine like a little cream cheese with their pills. Of course, the dachshund will eat anything, including pills. He does love cheese, though. And the giant poodle begs a dribble of milk every time I make a cup of coffee.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

11. Likes 80zephyr liked this post