Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Drudge Report?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:27 AM
    Posts
    12,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Drudge Report?!

    I hardly knew ye. In fact I haven't visited that site in quite a while, but I thought I'd look tonight, with the anarchist mess ongoing, toppling statues wherever they can, the spike in urban violence, murder in CHAZ. . . .

    I haven't figured out how to upload a screenshot, but the upshot is there isn't a single mention on the page of toppled statues, gun violence in the cities, a national spasm of statue-toppling, or assaults and murder in CHAZ. Not one.

    The Drudge Report is complete cover rag for the left now.

    And such a clean sweep of omissions cannot be accidental.

    The page is merely a litany of anti-Trump niche stories and op-eds ("What if Trump just gives up?").

    What an amazing transformation.

    Rumor has it Matt sold the site. My guess is he sold it to either Chairman Xi or his doppelganger George Soros.
    • “Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions, weakness is pointing your finger at someone else in a time of crisis." — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, blaming Trump.
    • "We hold these truths to be self evident. All men and women created by the, you know, you know, the thing." —Joe Biden, explaining the Creator.
    • "The way I see it, there's always, c'mon, there's always money. It's there." —Elizabeth Warren, explaining socialism.
    • “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.
    • "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't really read it for a few years. It used to be a quirky site with a bit of everything that wasn't 100% dishing up corporate PR releases or stale MSM rehashes but it's been years now since they've had original content or done anything interesting.

    I guess I don't care if Drudge sold the operation but he should have mentioned it somewhere. A few people still think it's the way it was 10 years ago. I know it was the home page for a lot of people both left and right for a long time.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 3:50 PM
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    News rags are tiresome these days. Even some of the comics are political junk.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Location
    Down here.
    Posts
    275
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I noticed several months ago that something changed. Some people said that Drudge became anti-Trump, but that doesn't really explain how all the other headline choices changed. He probably sold it and part of the deal was to keep quiet about it.

  5. Likes Newman liked this post
  6. #5
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw 3.0 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed several months ago that something changed. Some people said that Drudge became anti-Trump, but that doesn't really explain how all the other headline choices changed. He probably sold it and part of the deal was to keep quiet about it.
    He probably has a NDA for a year or two. It's uniformly anti-Trump now and the rest of the material isn't nearly as varied as it was. Even if you didn't much care about the political material, it always had weird news, crime news, pop culture, animal stuff (good and bad), etc. You'd find something to read.

    Now, it's very uniform and uninteresting.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  7. Likes Bob Loblaw 3.0 liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:27 AM
    Posts
    12,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    He probably has a NDA for a year or two. It's uniformly anti-Trump now and the rest of the material isn't nearly as varied as it was. Even if you didn't much care about the political material, it always had weird news, crime news, pop culture, animal stuff (good and bad), etc. You'd find something to read.

    Now, it's very uniform and uninteresting.
    "Uniformly anti-Trump" is putting it mildly. And your last is a good catch, and true.

    So I suspect it was bought by some political org, newly founded with some innocuous name like "Common Dreams," but really a wormhole for subversive money.
    • “Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions, weakness is pointing your finger at someone else in a time of crisis." — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, blaming Trump.
    • "We hold these truths to be self evident. All men and women created by the, you know, you know, the thing." —Joe Biden, explaining the Creator.
    • "The way I see it, there's always, c'mon, there's always money. It's there." —Elizabeth Warren, explaining socialism.
    • “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.
    • "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    "Uniformly anti-Trump" is putting it mildly. And your last is a good catch, and true.

    So I suspect it was bought by some political org, newly founded with some innocuous name like "Common Dreams," but really a wormhole for subversive money.
    I use Liberty Daily now for what Drudge used to do. It's a very messy site visually but covers much of the same sort of stuff. Instapundit is also very dependable for longer or more indepth pieces.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:27 AM
    Posts
    12,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I use Liberty Daily now for what Drudge used to do. It's a very messy site visually but covers much of the same sort of stuff. Instapundit is also very dependable for longer or more indepth pieces.


    I like Liberty Daily. Also Rantingly. It's fascinating that both sites rip off Drudge's format shamelessly.
    • “Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions, weakness is pointing your finger at someone else in a time of crisis." — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, blaming Trump.
    • "We hold these truths to be self evident. All men and women created by the, you know, you know, the thing." —Joe Biden, explaining the Creator.
    • "The way I see it, there's always, c'mon, there's always money. It's there." —Elizabeth Warren, explaining socialism.
    • “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.
    • "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.


  11. Thanks Bob Loblaw 3.0 thanked for this post
  12. #9
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Posts
    22,348
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post


    I like Liberty Daily. Also Rantingly. It's fascinating that both sites rip off Drudge's format shamelessly.
    I'm sure they pull from the same crowd. I always appreciated the Drudge format. It's very clean. For news junkies, we don't need a lot of trendy fonts or chaotic gifs or whatever. That stuff just junks up a site where you are going to skim 80% of the time.

    We have Complete Colorado out here which is another Drudge clone in terms of format.

    Rantingly is pretty good and very clean. Epoch Times is getting really good for investigative reporting.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:27 AM
    Posts
    12,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm sure they pull from the same crowd. I always appreciated the Drudge format. It's very clean. For news junkies, we don't need a lot of trendy fonts or chaotic gifs or whatever. That stuff just junks up a site where you are going to skim 80% of the time.

    We have Complete Colorado out here which is another Drudge clone in terms of format.

    Rantingly is pretty good and very clean. Epoch Times is getting really good for investigative reporting.
    Breitbart, with all its various subsets, has become a good surveyor of events, too, and it always links to "primary sources."

    One of my early morning favorites is Lucianne.com (that would be Lucianne Goldberg). It's a user-supplied compendium of opinion pieces, mostly. I am "cThree" on that site.
    • “Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions, weakness is pointing your finger at someone else in a time of crisis." — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, blaming Trump.
    • "We hold these truths to be self evident. All men and women created by the, you know, you know, the thing." —Joe Biden, explaining the Creator.
    • "The way I see it, there's always, c'mon, there's always money. It's there." —Elizabeth Warren, explaining socialism.
    • “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.
    • "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •