Thread: How to handle criminal acts involving a firearm

Last Online
    Today @ 4:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

How to handle criminal acts involving a firearm

Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.

“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

“Yeah I know and yeah it was scary but the cops didn’t really have much to add after I called them,” he continued. “I haven’t been forced to think like this before. So I would have lost my car. So what? At least no one would have been killed.”
    LINK
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If somebody aims a gun at me, they must be threatening to kill me. I assume they will kill me. There is only one safe response which is to kill them first. Plenty of crime victims have cooperated with criminals and then been raped or shot or both anyway. It's not like you can rely on a criminal to keep his or her word.

The police exist for the purpose of performing investigations and detaining/removing criminals. I want them to do that very thing.

I wouldn't hesitate to call the police after a crime. It's what I pay them for. If a couple of snot-nosed kids get in trouble......oh, well. The odds of them dying in police custody are roughly the same as their odds of being eaten by a shark.

For a lot of people, a car is a big deal. It's their only way to get to work or to seek out medical or psychiatric attention or use childcare. Useful public transit doesn't exist everywhere and not everybody can afford Uber or Lyft or a taxi. Certainly not every day. You also still have to pay for a car while it's missing and then go through the issues around repairing it upon return or getting another. This is not a trivial expense for most people.

No one should have to be subject to crime - I don't care what their skin tone looks like.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

3. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    The guy is a fucking ignoramus.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

5. Likes Newman liked this post