Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets Too

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Tweets Too

"I want to pause here to note, humbly, that it is wounding to watch a public servant reduce those who take him at his word to fools. I mention that not because it “matters” in any sense McConnell would recognize but because it is simply true that this nation’s decline accelerates when the conventional wisdom becomes that believing what the Senate Majority Leader says is self-evidently foolish. The chestnut that politicians always lie is overstated—a society depends on some degree of mutual trust. One party has embraced nihilism, pilloried trust, and turned good faith into a sucker’s failing in a sucker’s game."

~ Lili Loofbourow

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I want to pause here to note, humbly, that it is wounding to watch a public servant reduce those who take him at his word to fools. I mention that not because it “matters” in any sense McConnell would recognize but because it is simply true that this nation’s decline accelerates when the conventional wisdom becomes that believing what the Senate Majority Leader says is self-evidently foolish. The chestnut that politicians always lie is overstated—a society depends on some degree of mutual trust. One party has embraced nihilism, pilloried trust, and turned good faith into a sucker’s failing in a sucker’s game."

~ Lili Loofbourow

Last Online
    Today @ 1:58 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why the new thread?

Seems like this should be merged.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

4. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Why the new thread?

Safe space.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why the new thread?

There are so many tweets, it takes a long time to load on my lappy.

No one is required to participate.

~ Lili Loofbourow

7. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:58 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    There are so many tweets, it takes a long time to load on my lappy.

No one is required to participate.
    Thank you for the feedback. I wonder if this is a technical issue. How many posts do you show per thread in your preferences?

The reason I ask is because I don't have this problem on a 5 year old Chromebook (too slow to run Facebook and Youtube at the same time). So if the number of tweets is a problem, starting a new thread won't fix it because there'll just be more tweets in a week repeating the problem.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why the new thread?

I just skip threads with more than ten pages as a rule.
    “Kind hearts are more than coronets, and simple faith than Norman blood.”

Last Online
    Today @ 9:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Novaheart; Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 at 2:15 PM.
    “Kind hearts are more than coronets, and simple faith than Norman blood.”

11. Thanks 80zephyr thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the feedback. I wonder if this is a technical issue. How many posts do you show per thread in your preferences?

The reason I ask is because I don't have this problem on a 5 year old Chromebook (too slow to run Facebook and Youtube at the same time). So if the number of tweets is a problem, starting a new thread won't fix it because there'll just be more tweets in a week repeating the problem.

And it is not as bad on my phone. On my lappy, it damn near locks up. I use Firefox.

~ Lili Loofbourow

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

I can see it.

~ Lili Loofbourow