Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Protest

Last Online
    Today @ 2:28 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Protest

Our unelected mayor just put us back into lockdown closing all restaurants, bars, bingo halls etc and put other businesses on a 25% occupancy limitation except the box stores. They spent 22 million of the CARES money on buying hotels (out of business do to their COVID restrictions) for free vagrant housing. They spend 3 million of CARES money to build some trails which they never finished.

I'll be attending a civil disobedience protest at the mayor's office in an hour. We are only allowed 25 people for any gatherings outdoors. I suspect they will see more massless folks than that.

Can't abide by what they are doing to one of the best "cities" in the Nation. Businesses are closing.

If you are curious why we need shut down in their mind ........ 68 deaths since March. I kid you not.
    If it pays, it stays

2. Likes daveman, Newman, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've wondered if the lockdowns and other measures have lowered the STD transmissions.

“Kind hearts are more than coronets, and simple faith than Norman blood.”

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post

If you are curious why we need shut down in their mind ........ 68 deaths since March. I kid you not.
    EVERY death is from Covid these days. Even if there was a car smashup involved.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did it go?
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 2:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    How did it go?
    He's probably in jail.

Lol.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    How did it go?
    Not as many folks as I would have hoped. I'll be speaking at the next assembly meeting 12/8.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    He's probably in jail.

Lol.

Mark
    Give me more credit than that. On the run, maybe. In jail, not likely.

If it pays, it stays

9. Likes Newman, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Not as many folks as I would have hoped. I'll be speaking at the next assembly meeting 12/8.
    What will you be saying?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    What will you be saying?
    That the narrative of overwhelming the healthcare system as an excuse to destroy the local economy and not educate our children in a State that already ranks 4th worst education in the nation is unconscionable.

Our ICU beds aren't full, we have two emergency overflow locations prepped and dormant and they say we don't have staff. The 22 million dollar vagrant housing shell game and the now 4.5 million dollar trail to nowhere both using cares money would have paid for 530 traveling nurses if needed at an enticing wage to get them up here.

I'll recommend they stop being helicopter parents to the people of Anchorage. Give us the facts, give us your recommendations, and then let us as mature adults ascertain our personal and family risk analysis and live accordingly.

BTW, it's the teachers union keeping the schools closed. A cashier at the supermarket or Walmart is essential but a teacher is not?
    If it pays, it stays

12. Likes scott, daveman, Newman, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to make a clear point with supporting data in only three minutes.
    If it pays, it stays

14. Likes scott liked this post