Thread: Wokey Navy Pledge

Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2021 @ 3:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Wokey Navy Pledge

The recent revelation that a senior Navy task force is proposing an oath to be taken by every member of the Navy was a warning of how deep woke-think has penetrated American institutions even the Defense Department.

Consider this pledge proposed by Task Force Navy One, which was formed in June to develop strategies to combat discrimination in the Navy:

"I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every sailor in the Navy. I pledge to engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to better myself and my communities. I pledge to be an example in establishing healthy, inclusive and team-oriented environments. I pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained from activities above to inform the development of Navy-wide reforms."
    First, how many new recruits will have any idea what this "intersectionality" they have pledged to advocate for and acknowledge actually is?

"Intersectionality is a concept often used in critical theories to describe the ways in which oppressive institutions (racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, xenophobia, classism, etc.) are interconnected and cannot be examined separately from one another."

The website goes on to say it is "largely used in critical theories, especially Feminist theory, when discussing systematic oppression."

It is profoundly wrong to have our young men and women in uniform take a pledge like this.
    The leftwing anti-American bias of the woke movement proves that the very words of the pledge are a lie. The pledge says, "I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and intersectional identities of every sailor in the Navy." Do you think the writers of it really mean that?

What if you are a fundamentalist Christian or an Orthodox Jew who joined the Navy? Do you think this new pledge means people are supposed to listen to and support you? What if your life experiences include a belief in the right to life and a deep commitment to marriage between a man and a woman? Do you think trying to explain that is going to be applauded by the woke fanatics? Do you think they will "advocate for and acknowledge" your lived experience?

What if your life experiences have led you to a deep patriotism and a belief that the police and the American military are forces of good? Do you think your woke instructor is going to encourage the class to listen to you if you start talking like an author at National Review or Sean Hannity?
    ^ My favorite part. Would love to see it blow up in their faces when the Christians, Conservatives and BlueLivesMatter folks get the mic.
    You can't unburn bridges.

2. Likes Lady Marva, daveman, Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    But well............... if it gets an unwoke person into the Navy Academy for a college education.................. just say the dang words.................. and fergetaboutit. Won't have to say 'em again. Just keep the uniform white

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our friend on Whidbey Island that Michele has met is a Navy Diver retired. He actually was on board ship with Carl Brashear depicted by Cuba Gooding Jr. in the movie "Men of Honor". I sent him the "pledge". I'm pretty sure I heard him scream all the way up here in Alaska.
    If it pays, it stays

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 28th, 2021 @ 3:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Our friend on Whidbey Island that Michele has met is a Navy Diver retired. He actually was on board ship with Carl Brashear depicted by Cuba Gooding Jr. in the movie "Men of Honor". I sent him the "pledge". I'm pretty sure I heard him scream all the way up here in Alaska.
    Pretty cool. Before or after the accident?
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Pretty cool. Before or after the accident?
    After.
    If it pays, it stays