@
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

2. Likes Adam, Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 2:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it pays, it stays

5. Likes Gingersnap, gary m liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 2:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it pays, it stays

7. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack is a big, strong alpha guy but his pupper experience during the catastrophic hail storm (baseball-sized hail) has made him a weather wimp.

In warm weather, if starts to cloud up, he paces and drools and eventually seeks refuge in the smallest bathroom. He has no reaction to winter storms regardless of how awful they are.

This is unfortunate since we get "monsoon" rains from mid-July through the first weeks of August. This year, we've had hard rain and thunder about 3 days out of 7 so he's been in cower-mode quite a bit.

He was not this bad with Doc or Scouty. They didn't like it but generally got into a cuddle ball and rode it out (with Jack).

No one is available to cuddle now. Human cuddling is not correct. Sadly.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Jack is a big, strong alpha guy but his pupper experience during the catastrophic hail storm (baseball-sized hail) has made him a weather wimp.

In warm weather, if starts to cloud up, he paces and drools and eventually seeks refuge in the smallest bathroom. He has no reaction to winter storms regardless of how awful they are.

This is unfortunate since we get "monsoon" rains from mid-July through the first weeks of August. This year, we've had hard rain and thunder about 3 days out of 7 so he's been in cower-mode quite a bit.

He was not this bad with Doc or Scouty. They didn't like it but generally got into a cuddle ball and rode it out (with Jack).

No one is available to cuddle now. Human cuddling is not correct. Sadly.
    Jack needs a large poodle. There's a breeder in Colorado who is breeding back to working poodles, very level-headed retrievers, as they once all were. http://coloradoredroyalstandardpoodles.com/
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Jack needs a large poodle. There's a breeder in Colorado who is breeding back to working poodles, very level-headed retrievers, as they once all were. http://coloradoredroyalstandardpoodles.com/
    Oh, he'd adore a large poodle. We're in negotiations with his breeder right now since she will have litters in June, July and September. His "sister" is pretty much a done deal. For this kind of money, i want a specific bloodline and a specific look.

Jack is a showstopper visually. All of them will be smart and biddable (as Rough Collies are) but I'm holding out for a dog as good-looking as Jack. She won't be exactly his size or have his coat but she needs some game.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Oh, he'd adore a large poodle. We're in negotiations with his breeder right now since she will have litters in June, July and September. His "sister" is pretty much a done deal. For this kind of money, i want a specific bloodline and a specific look.

Jack is a showstopper visually. All of them will be smart and biddable (as Rough Collies are) but I'm holding out for a dog as good-looking as Jack. She won't be exactly his size or have his coat but she needs some game.
    I knew you were planning another collie. I just suggested a poodle because, with their gun dog genes, neither thunder nor fireworks faze them in the least. I have no illusions that you'd consider something as mellow - or as UNbiddable - as a poodle.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I knew you were planning another collie. I just suggested a poodle because, with their gun dog genes, neither thunder nor fireworks faze them in the least. I have no illusions that you'd consider something as mellow - or as UNbiddable - as a poodle.
    Honestly, I really think his issue came out of that hail storm but now he doesn't have the pack to mitigate it. I'm kind of twitchy myself. These were baseball-sized ice chunks that demolished our roof, punched through our skylights and windows, and hit the freaking piano. People were literally knocked out. I had one friend who looked like he'd been in some kind of illegal boxing match.

When the Pack was composed, Jack wasn't thrilled with summer storms but he'd get in a Collie ball and make the best of it. Now, he gets upset. Not enough to drug or to invest in Thunder Jacket but it's obvious.

Assuming his "sister" arrives in October at the latest, they will both have some months to shake out before the big thunder season starts. Hopefully, he will step up into 'Protector' mode as he did with that ungrateful bitch Daisy.

A friend has acquired a dubiously bred Golden Doodle who Jack adores. She's just 4 months old but they are BFFs. Mr. Snaps has spoken admiringly of the Doodle.

Naturally, he would not do any training or grooming. I like Standard Poodles and this dog is nice but no.

One of my fondest commute memories is of driving through Denver early in the morning and seeing an extremely dapper older gent walking his extremely well groomed and behaved black Standard Poodle by a park. They both looked terrific. In the winter, this guy wore a tailored black coat and tilted fedora hat. In the summer, he sported what looked like a seersucker suit and a boater hat. He must have been around 70. Very erect and vigorous.

He was always near some apartments that sold for $800,000 so I'm guessing that dog got groomed every month and looked like it did.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

14. Likes Celeste Chalfonte, Gingersnap liked this post