Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Got A Kindle Paperwhite

Last Online
    Today @ 1:04 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Gee, I never thought of that.
    Sorry. I find the long press to turn the thing on to be very non-intuitive. I can't think of any device other than android phone and tablets that work that way. I've seen devices that use a long press to reset, or enter setup mode, or go into some parameter setting menu, but a long press to turn on is kinda weird. Especially since a short press wakes it up in normal usage. When you said it shows a full charge but otherwise blank screen, that struck me as exactly what you'd see from a a short press on the ON button.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Today @ 5:40 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Sorry. I find the long press to turn the thing on to be very non-intuitive. I can't think of any device other than android phone and tablets that work that way. I've seen devices that use a long press to reset, or enter setup mode, or go into some parameter setting menu, but a long press to turn on is kinda weird. Especially since a short press wakes it up in normal usage. When you said it shows a full charge but otherwise blank screen, that struck me as exactly what you'd see from a a short press on the ON button.
    http://lifehacker.com/5879239/all-th...-or-ipad-touch

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Sorry, you got the blast that should have been for the asshole at Comcast who was the third person to ask me if I had restarted the fucking modem.

I'm one of those odd ducks who reads the directions, so I did know about the long press, but you had no way of knowing that.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).