Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip

Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    That's OK. We just found out we got a pair of landowner pronghorn antelope tags for Colorado for October.
    Well, aren't you two special!

I still think pronghorn sucks as a meal. Just sayin'.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Well, aren't you two special!

I still think pronghorn sucks as a meal. Just sayin'.
    G-Snap, it must be in the field prep and rapid cooling because it was by far the best burger in our freezer that had moose, beef, Caribou, and Dall Sheep in it.

BTW don't be jealous we have friends in high places in Colorado in order to get landowner tags.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Made it to PA and still married. 4,200 miles and one day ahead of plans.
    If it pays, it stays

4. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just put some great WWII pictures of Joyce's Dad on FB but don't have wifi here to put them up here. If anyone else wants to copy them feel free.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 9:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's been getting down into the mid 30's since we crossed the Canadian border. We also were driving at 3,000 - 4,000 foot elevation today and the snow was a mere 200 - 300 feet up the slopes. The forecast towards Watson Lake and Ft. Nelson calls for more rain and temps just above freezing. It's been a very enjoyable time with Joyce so far.

Today I dumped the black and grey water tanks on the "White Whale" and being helpful she took the sewage drain hose from me to rinse it after I unhooked. She put the hose with our dandy clear elbow (gives great views of the turds as they wisp by down the hose) down on the sloped ground next to the dump station hole. In a slow painful 5 seconds she watched as the hose and elbow did a perfect snake crawling into the den imitation and disappeared into the oblivion of the septic dump.

The RV store a few blocks down the road in Whitehorse just made a weeks average salary on our replacement purchase. The only saving grace was I had a spare clear plastic elbow. Turd TV will continue at the next dump.
    OK, we're even. I drove over the plastic gas cap to the diesel in the middle of the fucking Yukon. Ft. Nelson was the first "town" that had a Parts store but Canada closes on Sundays. The term "put a sock in it" now has new meaning. Found a new cap today (after three sock days) in Dawson Creek and had the two windshield chips repaired. The wind has been gusting over 50 with last two days and made holding the lane very challenging in the White Whale.

Finally in a real campground tonight. Put my money in the coin operated shower and it never got warm. Froze my ass off. Found out afterwards the cause was the coin operated washing machine Joyce put the clothes in blew a hot water line and flooded the laundry room with my fucking shower water.

I'm going to go have a Bourbon and crank the heater in the Whale.

Cheers
    J&J

BTW, we are in Whitecourt just short of Edmonton and still on schedule.
    I think I'm going to use my admin powers to change your username to Clark W. Griswold.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just put some great WWII pictures of Joyce's Dad on FB but don't have wifi here to put them up here. If anyone else wants to copy them feel free.
    Photos of the hero:

joyce and hero 1.jpgjoyce and hero 2.jpgjoyce and hero 3.jpg

8. Thanks Frostbit thanked for this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    This photo was taken by an Army Air Corp photographer who was aboard Joyce's Father's B - 24 on a mission over Germany. Flak hit the plane and the wing tank exploded. It's doubted that any of the crew made it out.

image.jpg
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for putting those other pictures up Scott. I didn't realize you could do it straight from the phone.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spending the night in a Walmart parking lot in Rock Springs, Wyoming. What a trip this has been. Colorado was a load of fun and very beautiful as we recalled. First time driving RT.14 from Ft. Collins to Walden, CO. Extremely scenic and this time of year all but shutting down. We actually had a complete campground to ourselves last night.

Hiking and climbing at altitude has gone far better than it should have. Joyce is a beast and my hip did fine.

Now heading to Whidbey Island, Washington starring in the morning.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spending the night in a Walmart parking lot in Rock Springs, Wyoming. What a trip this has been. Colorado was a load of fun and very beautiful as we recalled. First time driving RT.14 from Ft. Collins to Walden, CO. Extremely scenic and this time of year all but shutting down. We actually had a complete campground to ourselves last night.

Hiking and climbing at altitude has gone far better than it should have. Joyce is a beast and my hip did fine.

Now heading to Whidbey Island, Washington starring in the morning.
    Walden...heh! I'll spare you the memories.

This is a peculiar season in Colorado. The soft people are leaving all camps but it's not quite right for the hard people to move in yet.

You got quite the break out here. We've seldom had such a warm and spectacular Fall. This will end shortly, of course, but it's been awesome.