Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into the smartphone era

Last Online
    Today @ 2:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    If you're carrying a dumb phone and a kindle, then you're carrying two devices when a smartphone can do both functions (plus iPod duty, if you want). It's also an excellent GPS navigator.
    Well, I usually don't remember to charge the dumb phone so that's one off the carry list. I don't own any Apple products so that's not a worry. I explained the part where I don't need a GPS in my own area ( I understand the direction/grid/number thing).

I live a much simpler life than most people. I get face-to-face with my friends a lot. I socialize a lot. I do things with people (went dove hunting this holiday weekend) and will go to Bible class tomorrow, have lunch with a two people (separate lunches) this week, go to a festival with another, and attend an ethnic fair with a few more this weekend. I get a lot of face time for an introvert.

I keep in touch by actually being there. So last century.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oddly enough I got a virus on my phone from this website. No other sites are affected, but if I try to log onto this one I get a redirect to the google play store. So, Adam, that may be part of your problem as well. It's why I'm using tapa talk again...it was the only way to get onto this site from my phone.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Oddly enough I got a virus on my phone from this website. No other sites are affected, but if I try to log onto this one I get a redirect to the google play store. So, Adam, that may be part of your problem as well. It's why I'm using tapa talk again...it was the only way to get onto this site from my phone.
    Ah shit.

Did anyone ever tell me this before? I don't want this site going about infecting phones all over the place.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Ah shit.

Did anyone ever tell me this before? I don't want this site going about infecting phones all over the place.
    It never happened before and I've accessed the site tons of times. I didn't know if it was the site or my phone but figured I'd mention it since you have a problem that sounded like my problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:40 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It never happened before and I've accessed the site tons of times. I didn't know if it was the site or my phone but figured I'd mention it since you have a problem that sounded like my problem.

It''s not a virus, it's a function of vBulletin in some browsers. Do you use Google Chrome on your phone? Try it and tell us if the redirect is still there.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:51 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just checked, I don't get a redirect with Opera. First screen:

Second screen:

Both are easy to dismiss.

Adam, can tell me a site you're going to that won't let you get out from under an ad for an app? I want to see what you're talking about.

You can't spell "hatred" without "red hat".

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it's Google chrome and yes its a redirect. But I can't make it stop.

Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 24th, 2019 @ 4:25 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm still a hold out. I just haven't found a use yet for one.
    You have one now:

https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes/MyQ-Connected-Home

Get a Liftmaster. Get their app. And you'll never have to wash your hands every 30 seconds while chewing on your hair wondering if your garage door is down.

Last Online
    Today @ 2:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You have one now:

https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes/MyQ-Connected-Home

Get a Liftmaster. Get their app. And you'll never have to wash your hands every 30 seconds while chewing on your hair wondering if your garage door is down.
    Hair chewing is a completely different problem.

I figure I can save myself the however many hundreds of dollars per year by simply reversing the car and looking.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:36 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHA............. I win the contest for Luddite of the Year who doesn't even have a basic cell phone much less one of those tabletey kindley thingies!
    Yes. I know how to work a telephone.