Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rev. Franklin Graham Decision America Tour

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    May I suggest that if you folks really want to flog this deceased equine one more time, you do it in another forum? Believers just doesn't seem like the appropriate place.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 5:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Except they don't have to bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages because gay men don't attempt to force them to do so. Why don't they?
    Good question.
    I couldn't tell you why one business was targeted over another.
    Perhaps they saw an ad. But why would they know that an obscure strip-mall bake-shop would refuse them?

They didn't search for a bakery owned by an observant Muslim or Orthodox Jew. They don't lodge a complaint if a Muslim bakery refuses them.
    Do you know this, or are you assuming this?

I wouldn't ask a Jewish or Muslim bakery to bake an Easter cake. I wouldn't try to make a vegan restaurant serve me steak.
    To the best of my knowledge, none of those would be covered by public accommodation laws. They don't require to supply a product/service that you don't normally supply, only that you not discriminate in who you supply your products to.

I wouldn't demand that a male-only barber shop give me a buzz cut.
    But you'd probably be able to file suit should you be willing to pay their going rate for a buzz cut and they refused you.

I wouldn't complain when when a 5-7-9 dress shop didn't carry sizes 14 - 20.
    Size is not a protected class.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Michigan, sexual orientation is not a protected class. A Christian baker, like a Muslim one, could legally turn away a gay couple's wedding cake.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:16 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except they don't have to bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages because gay men don't attempt to force them to do so. Why don't they? Denver, for instance, has Le Bakery Sensual which will design a penis for wedding cake, if that's your pleasure, as well as many bakeries that either don't care or are owned by gays or lesbians. Despite that, the gay complainants against Masterpiece Bakery came from out-of-state and searched to find an obscure bakery in a strip mall which refused them.

They didn't search for a bakery owned by an observant Muslim or Orthodox Jew. They don't lodge a complaint if a Muslim bakery refuses them.

Precisely. Easy to see that pizza place in Indiana was a total gotcha set-up job, complete with camera. Same-sexers are not nice people.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 7th, 2020 @ 9:18 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    May I suggest that if you folks really want to flog this deceased equine one more time, you do it in another forum? Believers just doesn't seem like the appropriate place.
    Believers is not actually a non-political area. It was intentionally not placed in the non-political category because a whole lot of belief-system clashes become necessarily, and often intensely, political (not just Islam vs. Christianity, but things like Catholic vs. Protestant).

That having been said, after reviewing the thread, I agree that threads mostly about an election with more of a tinge about Christians take part in that election does violate at least the spirit of the idea of allowing religious discussions that have some politics involved in them. So, I'm going to do a very rare thing and send this off to the Election 2016 forum.

6. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Believers is not actually a non-political area. It was intentionally not placed in the non-political category because a whole lot of belief-system clashes become necessarily, and often intensely, political (not just Islam vs. Christianity, but things like Catholic vs. Protestant).

That having been said, after reviewing the thread, I agree that threads mostly about an election with more of a tinge about Christians take part in that election does violate at least the spirit of the idea of allowing religious discussions that have some politics involved in them. So, I'm going to do a very rare thing and send this off to the Election 2016 forum.
    I feel great about that.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Great. Now we can all speak freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Precisely. Easy to see that pizza place in Indiana was a total gotcha set-up job, complete with camera.
    In exactly the same sense that this was:

Same-sexers are not nice people.
    Well, if I were judging them all by you, I'd say the same about heterosexuals, but I'm smarter than that. So I just avoid the generalization and say: fuck you.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I don't understand how your question has anything to do with my post.
    Why isn't the government crashing down on Muslim business owners for refusing to bake gay wedding cakes?
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    A Muslim-owned business should not be allowed to violate the law any more than a Christian-owned business.

And yet here we are.

Nobody on the left cares and anyone on the right who says this is called racist.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    And yet here we are.

Nobody on the left cares and anyone on the right who says this is called racist.
    Where?