Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Refrigerator Would You Buy?

Last Online
    Today @ 2:40 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Unless for some reason your tap water tastes nasty, why would you filter it at all? Unless it's well water, of course.
    It certainly wasn't my idea, I argued against as a waste of money. But my mother got it stuck in her craw that she needed it and a slick salesman from Home Depot came out and did some shady water test and convinced her our water was worse than untreated factory effluent.

Living in Mississippi probably scarred her on water. The city water was from wells and the lines were not flushed regularly until about 2005 onwards, so every time the city'd go around and flush the lines, a TON of crap would come out of the faucets, like chocolate milk sometimes. Gross, but after it cleared up it was not bad to use or drink. It was pretty hard, too. I could boil a pot of water for making tea and have a thick ring of "sludge" build up at the water line on the pot.

I'm not sure what our source is here in Alabama but it actually tastes OK as-is from the tap.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It is awful at my house if I'm not there for a few weeks to run the hot water heater.
    Why would you need to heat hot water?
    “Your boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! … Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!” - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ice/water dispensers seem to mostly just be something else to break. We had one when I was a kid and it worked fine for at least twenty years. Virtually every single one I have encountered since then seems to be broken within months.

As to the filter, it can be helpful if you have hard water, which seems to disagree with modern ice-makers and water dispensers. For the most part, though, they're just an expensive doo-dad that is quite readily replaced with a $12 Brita instead.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 7th, 2019 @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I've been waiting for the horrible noises. So far, nothing. It sounds the same as my old one which is to say I never hear it unless I work at hearing it. We used it like crazy over Memorial Day and......nothing.

I really like the format. The crispers being closer to eye level really is a big benefit. I also like and use the sliding shelves in the main compartment. I thought that would be a useless feature but not so. Mr. Snaps uses them constantly for his new iced tea addiction (the jugs are oversized).

I also really like and used the 'party tray' thing. Here again, I thought this would be a minor thing and useless most of the time - not so. I've been using it for its party function but also to make healthy snacky things more prominent.

Very pleased.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    So, I've been waiting for the horrible noises. So far, nothing. It sounds the same as my old one which is to say I never hear it unless I work at hearing it. We used it like crazy over Memorial Day and......nothing.

I really like the format. The crispers being closer to eye level really is a big benefit. I also like and use the sliding shelves in the main compartment. I thought that would be a useless feature but not so. Mr. Snaps uses them constantly for his new iced tea addiction (the jugs are oversized).

I also really like and used the 'party tray' thing. Here again, I thought this would be a minor thing and useless most of the time - not so. I've been using it for its party function but also to make healthy snacky things more prominent.

Very pleased.
    I think I missed the big event. Which one did you buy?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I think I missed the big event. Which one did you buy?
    I got the French door Samsung with the mixed reviews (see post 1). I was terrified by the bad reviews but gladdened by the good ones - also common sense kicked in. If every unit was that bad, how could they sell so many?

I'm not denying that some people got lemons but evidently I did not. Most of the noise complaints were by people who said it happened within 24 hours and just got worse. I heard one "pop" when it was installed and turned on but nothing since then.

I'm pretty sensitive to noise. It's not noisy to me.

*shrugs*

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

This thing did eventually make weird 'cracking' noises after 6 months. It alarmed the dogs (and me) for about 5 months.

It's completely silent now and has been since then. Samsung says that any noise will shake out and that was true for me.

Disregard the cracking noise thing in reviews, it's temporary. It's certainly not like gunshots as some have said. It's weird until it happens 6 times. Totally gone in 6 months.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."