Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump defends judge attack: He's 'of Mexican heritage, I'm building a wall'

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    Nothing prejudicial or bigoted in that comment.
    Ha! I knew you'd go there. That is pretty much in the same league (speculating on how a political faction comes by their mindset) as Ronald Reagan's appropriation of a Mark Twain quote:

The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
    It's far less bigoted than accusing a specific person of being unfit to do their job because of the nationality of their parents.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    That was about white people.
    You don't believe that there are black people and brown people who live in small towns and who own guns and bibles? I'm surprised.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    You don't believe that there are black people and brown people who live in small towns and who own guns and bibles? I'm surprised.
    In Pennsylvania? yeah, not so much.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Obama was a white man he would not be in this position. - Geraldine Ferraro
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. Im not joking! - Joe Biden

I mean youve got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and nice-looking guy. - Joe Biden
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this quote. Its from Mahatma Gandhi. He ran a gas station down in St. Louis for a couple of years. Mr. Gandhi, do you still go to the gas station? A lot of wisdom comes out of that gas station Hillary Clinton

Last Online
    Today @ 9:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    I would not agree. Not in the modern era. If you want to compare him with candidates prior to the 60's, yeah, he's right in line with a lot of bigots.
    Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets ask the questions that should be asked. Can Trump question the judges heritage when the judge is aware that Trump wants to deport illegals that are mostly Hispanic? Will the judge be impartial under the circumstances?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to try to justify Trump's comments.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll paraphrase: Gary said these kind of statements were nothing new. You disagreed and said no candidates said things like this since before the 60's. Then examples were given. You then pivoted over to a new line about justifying Trump's remarks instead of saying that Gary was correct. The End.

11. Likes scott liked this post