Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump defends judge attack: He's 'of Mexican heritage, I'm building a wall'

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Yes you are. Trolling to criticize the Republican nominee, no matter who it is. Nary a word about the Democratic nominee. Along with the sneer from atop the "Centerist" category, towards all us rubes that are "partisan".
    So, you think an issue with Trump's statements of last week are a rut, while you're grinding an 8-year-old axe.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The judge is a member of a Latino lawyer's association that has "La Raza" as part of the organizations name; La Raza Lawyers of San Diego

However if you go to the webpage of that organization, http://larazalawyers.net/, one of the 17 links on the Links and Affiliates page is to the National Council of La Raza.

3. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    The judge is a member of a Latino lawyer's association that has "La Raza" as part of the organizations name; La Raza Lawyers of San Diego

However if you go to the webpage of that organization, http://larazalawyers.net/, one of the 17 links on the Links and Affiliates page is to the National Council of La Raza.
    The Latino Bar Association of California.

I understand "La Raza" is now a scare thing like "Alinsky" or "ACORN" so anything is enough to be everything for some but no, he is not a member of La Raza.
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trump is playing the part of a White man beset by a vengeful minority. As a legal strategy, it's pretty foolish. As a political strategy, it's all too obvious.

Last Online
    Today @ 2:03 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    We did this already. HUAC was a huge failure, ultimately. If he breaks the law himself, he should not be a judge. If he advocates changing a law he considers bad, he has demonstrated no lack of qualification as a judge.

I have been a member of many organizations that advocated changing bad laws. Should I be denied a judgeship for which I am qualified because zippy wouldn't approve of my organizational memberships? Do you REALLY want to align yourself with that faction? Remember, they're the ones who think The Hon. Vaughn Walker shouldn't have been allowed to hear the challenge to Prop, 8.
    What the fuck are you talking about? It happens every day. If a candidate for a judge has impeccable credentials and yet is a member of the NRA, you can jut scratch him off of Obama's list.

People are judged by the company they keep.

Unless you live in a world devoid of reality.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 2:03 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    There might be some orifices around these parts that desire your lip suction, but none of them are mine.
    I know it hurts when someone else "wins" a thread Norm. Some day, you will to..if you ever have a good post.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 5:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    The Latino Bar Association of California.

I understand "La Raza" is now a scare thing like "Alinsky" or "ACORN" so anything is enough to be everything for some but no, he is not a member of La Raza.
    And it doesn't matter.
    It's that freedom of association thing.

If he were rolling in a case directly affecting an organization that he belongs to, it would be a conflict of interest.

But he has no direct connection here. Trump University is not against La Raza lawyers, or even La Raza. So unless sine bias can be demonstrated in his decisions, this is fine.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    And it doesn't matter.
    Yeah, I know. I should probably not even pretend it is a legitimate argument by engaging.
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Trump is playing the part of a White man beset by a vengeful minority.
    Exactly how my friends describe their Anglo children's experience in an El Paso public high school.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of entertaining seeing Centerists continuously needing to argue for and defend the left.

Has this judge made any comments to his views on open borders?
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.