Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Security wake-up call after Lochte robbed in Rio

Last Online
    Today @ 2:17 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Fine. If the USOC does not have the specific authority to do so on their own, then they can certainly go to the IOC and say "look, our athlete disgraced himself and the US with his actions, so go ahead and strip him of that medal."

If the IOC chooses not to, then so be it. But at least we can say that we did what we could to properly punish that person for their disgraceful behavior.
    The problem is that the IOC has a history of stripping medals for the whole team as a result of the actions of a few.

I don't think we want the entire swim team stripped of medals.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 9:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    The problem is that the IOC has a history of stripping medals for the whole team as a result of the actions of a few.

I don't think we want the entire swim team stripped of medals.

Then let the rest of the team kick Lochte's ass. He won't do it again.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Then let the rest of the team kick Lochte's ass. He won't do it again.
    I think that's already the situation. I doubt he'll be allowed to be on the team again. He's not that special, almost any good swimmer can be second to Phelps.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, one of the swimmers was given back his passport and allowed to come back home to U.S. after "donating" $11,000 to a charity in Brazil. Yep. Sounds like robbery at gunpoint to me.
    Last edited by phillygirl; Saturday, August 20th, 2016 at 8:55 AM.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:17 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    So, one of the swimmers was given back his passport and allowed to come back home to U.S. after "donating" $11,000 to a charity in Brazil. Yep. Sounds like robbery at gunpoint to me.
    It is, sort of.

What would the normal penalty be for deliberately and falsely reporting a crime?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was listening to CNBC the other day and the commentary was that Brazil was making a big deal about these swimmers...not that they shouldn't have, according to the person talking...because they have gotten slammed with all the crime that has happened to Olympians during their stay.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 1:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep. Have seen some other details about the security man who did have a gun and pulled it on the swimmers. and somehow there were two taxis involved, the second being the one that took them directly to the place with the toilet.
    So it seems all of the story wasn't a fabrication.