Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: malware on my Mac

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

malware on my Mac

I have a virus on the mac. Yes, I know…it's not supposed to happen. But it appears that it has. My problem is I'm afraid to download anything…fearful that it's not really an apple product and might be more malware. The warning is that I have a trojan virus and it's causing not only ad popups, but website redirects.

Any suggestions?
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I have a virus on the mac. Yes, I know…it's not supposed to happen. But it appears that it has. My problem is I'm afraid to download anything…fearful that it's not really an apple product and might be more malware. The warning is that I have a trojan virus and it's causing not only ad popups, but website redirects.

Any suggestions?
    You have to be more specific. Is it ransom ware or just crazy pop-ups?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what ransom ware it…but it has now taken me 4 times to try to reply to the topic as every button just took me back to my post. And there are things attempting to be downloaded.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:20 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions?
    https://go.trendmicro.com/housecall7.../HouseCall.dmg

Last Online
    Today @ 6:20 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post

Any suggestions?

I got an error replying to you so empty your PM inbox and sent items

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post

I got an error replying to you so empty your PM inbox and sent items
    Do we now only get 50 items in total mailbox? We used to get something like 5000???
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. It said it didn't find anything.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we now only get 50 items in total mailbox? We used to get something like 5000???
    Go into your inbox and scroll all the way to the bottom. There should be a bar that reads "Folder controls." Below that, it should say something like "Inbox contains 179 messages. You have 284 messages stored, of a total 5,000 allowed. (Empty Folder)."

What does yours say?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Go into your inbox and scroll all the way to the bottom. There should be a bar that reads "Folder controls." Below that, it should say something like "Inbox contains 179 messages. You have 284 messages stored, of a total 5,000 allowed. (Empty Folder)."

What does yours say?
    Now it say 1 of 5,000. But when Scott first told me to empty I had about 3,000. I emptied my inbox and it said I had 257 out of 50 stored messages allowed (the number of messages I had in my sent folder). So then I emptied the sent folder. Now both folders indicate the maximum to be 5,000, not 50. Weird.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 8th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now it say 1 of 5,000. But when Scott first told me to empty I had about 3,000. I emptied my inbox and it said I had 257 out of 50 stored messages allowed (the number of messages I had in my sent folder). So then I emptied the sent folder. Now both folders indicate the maximum to be 5,000, not 50. Weird.
    Hmmm....

OK, if it acts up again, let me know. I'll try nuking it from the ACP if it acts up again, but fair warning that you'll lose ALL of your PMs when I do that.