Thread: Super Simple Mojito Fruit Salad

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:32 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Simple Mojito Fruit Salad

I took this to a BBQ today and it was a big hit! Could not be easier, either:

4 cups cubed watermelon
    1 pound strawberries quartered lengthwise
    6 oz. blueberries
    6 oz. raspberries
    3 limes
    3 tablespoons powdered sugar
    1/4 cup compacted whole mint leaves
    1 tablespoon rum (optional)

Mix the fruit together in a large bowl.

Pick off the mint leaves and stack them on top of each other, cut in half lengthwise, stack on top of each other and snip the leaves with scissors about 1/8 - 1/4 inch per snip (do it in little batches). Work the mint into all the fruit gently.

Add the sugar to a measuring cup and squeeze the limes over a strainer. Stir it up well. If you have rum, add about a tablespoon to the liquid. Pour over the fruit and combine. Chill it for at least 20 minutes but a few hours is better.

This is very quick and it's easier to eat than green salad in a BBQ setting. Even men like this.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:32 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it was more of a hit than I thought. Several people have called for the recipe.

I don't even like fruit but I thought this was pretty good. Fruit-fans apparently like it a lot.

I could see doing this with a bit of a twist as a Mimosa Salad: mandarin orange sections, pineapple chunks, and tangerines with champagne (like a cup).

I have made simple syrup fruit salads before but this was way better. Who knew?