Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Well well well

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:58 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    So, we established another level of bureaucracy to lower the rate of uninsured by 6%?

I'd call that a huge failure.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    So, we established another level of bureaucracy to lower the rate of uninsured by 6%?

I'd call that a huge failure.

Mark
    Um, I'm not that good at statistics, but I'm pretty sure that a reduction from 16.3 to 10.5 is more like 35% lower. Perhaps one of the math types could comment.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:15 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Um, I'm not that good at statistics, but I'm pretty sure that a reduction from 16.3 to 10.5 is more like 35% lower. Perhaps one of the math types could comment.
    Of the 100%, those eligible, the percent of uninsured has moved from 16.6 to 10.%, moving about 5%.

No math type needed. It's just a question of whether you want to ask "Is 5% worth the dislocations of O'care?" or declare, "35% reduction in the number of uninsured is an unprecedented achievement...." and so on.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 3:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Everyone yelling at me. Go with Adam, scott, and Mark for now. JB too but his is more of a CU style schadenfreude thing than anger.
    Hell, even Gramps came out of retirement to dance a jig.
    I remember 2008 pretty clearly on NU. After the election, there was no anger nor gloating from me and most others of the despised center wrist variety. Some people, a lot of people, opposed to Obama blew off some steam and that was that. Everything got back to equilibrium rather soon. The evil center wrists, and most of the liberals for that matter, were mellow about it and rubbed nothing in.

I am constantly reminded of why I am right.
    Jesus Fucking Christ.
    I waded through your incessant whining thread and made a remark.
    I didn't dance a fucking jig.
    I do not like Trump.
    I was just tired of your incessant whine.
    It got to the point that it mimicked part of a Stephen King 3 part novel.

Next up we meet the Red Queen or the fucking wizard.

But the incessant whine is still there.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
    and lost …
    But the Republicans are racist.

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Of the 100%, those eligible, the percent of uninsured has moved from 16.6 to 10.%, moving about 5%.

No math type needed. It's just a question of whether you want to ask "Is 5% worth the dislocations of O'care?" or declare, "35% reduction in the number of uninsured is an unprecedented achievement...." and so on.
    See? That's why I hated statistics. It's like Humpty Dumpty, means whatever the person manipulating the figures wants it to mean. I'm a linguist. Words may have several meanings, but at least they don't change radically depending on who speaks them. And who the hell CARES what happens when you take kings out of the deck with no replacement?????
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    As I said earlier, I don't know the specifics.
    I know that they are worried about losing it, however.
    They've got at least two years to plan. With open enrollment back open again, the media is saying "go ahead and get it if you need it, it isn't going anywhere for a while."
    You can't spell "hatred" without "red hat".

Last Online
    Today @ 2:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    I wonder if Steve Bannon is going to have a Karl Rove-like role in the Trump White House?
    It seems he will.
    Donald Trump Picks Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff

In selecting Mr. Priebus, Mr. Trump passed over Stephen K. Bannon, the right-wing media provocateur. But he named Mr. Bannon his senior counselor and chief West Wing strategist, signaling an embrace of the fringe ideology long advanced by Mr. Bannon and a continuing disdain for his party’s establishment.
    So the White House strongman will have his very own pet media mouthpiece, albeit one that Bannon turned into a center for white resentment.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken