Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Well well well

Last Online
    Today @ 1:03 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Hopefully all the ashtrays are removed from the room.
    I just took a tramadol for sympathetic pain.
    I'm thinking that once, in 1953, a group of interesting people just happened to be in a coffee shop at the same time and a great discussion of issues, ideas, and the meaning of life occurred. Since then we have been waiting at Starbucks for Lawrence Ferlinghetti to say something heavy.

2. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The left is freaking out. "But they PROMISED us we were going to win!"

So smug.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I was just telling my aunt that issues aside, the idea of the Clintons being back in the White House is repulsive. I was against a "Bush dynasty" or any other.
    And how did the old dear take that bit of wisdom?

May I suggest you don't try it with Honoria?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It's Philly. I never think I'll be fine. I was surprised at how crowded the streets, restaurants and bars were.people are nervous.
    Really? I left work in downtown Oakland after 8 pm, and all was quiet. Nobody on the street, nobody on the freeway. Few people in the grocery. I could hear people in a bar close to the office cheering from time to time, which I figured had to do with state and local races. I spoke to the fellow who teaches our puppy class and he was a bit shell-shocked, but in a very quiet way.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 2:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, well, time to start locking up the political opponents. Watch out, Paul Ryan. You're next after Hillary.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

8. Likes JB liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's over; she conceded. That was from NBC so I figure all the excuses have been exhausted.

DirecTV came through tonight with an Election Mix channel with six channels all on the same screen, with selectable audio, plus interactive state-by-state data direct from the AP. It was quite nice.

Mostly I watched the BBC World News election coverage, it seemed the most balanced and took on a worldly tone since it was being seen globally. I was totally shocked that around midnight local time, MSNBC and the "liberal devil" herself Rachael Maddow was already calling it for Trump even before Fox or anyone else. The BBC seemed to be the only one aside from Bloomberg that was really hipped to the global markets' reaction to Trump's victory, too. I believe the Nikkei in Japan fell 6% briefly and the Peso fell even harder.

Everyone has been saying, "Thank God it'll be over on Wednesday." Uh no, it won't. The global reaction will fill out the rest of this week's news cycle. It's going to be… interesting. Painful, but interesting.
    “Your boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! … Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!” - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Ah, well, time to start locking up the political opponents. Watch out, Paul Ryan. You're next after Hillary.
    None of which will come true.

Hillary? Possibly because the crime is right there. Ryan? Nah.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a gracious speech he's giving. Unity, not Schadenfreude. America - not the various fractions we've fallen into recently. A kind and magnanimous gesture to all.

He loves this country.

Also, short, sweet, and to the point.

Love his exit song - few will "get" it but it made me smile.

12. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to watch the speech online and the CNN video I found cuts off five minutes before the end… so what song was it? He came out to some track from Air Force One called "The Parachutes". I have no idea who chose that or why.

Edit: OK, I'm on C-Span. They have it. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones is even weirder choice, but one he's used at numerous campaign stops.

Maybe I'm missing the bigger picture the song paints, but it really seems like he's admitting he isn't what we want but the leader we need. Which he isn't. Had Hillary won, it would have worked equally well.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 at 2:49 AM.
    “Your boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! … Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!” - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 2:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What a gracious speech he's giving. Unity, not Schadenfreude. America - not the various fractions we've fallen into recently. A kind and magnanimous gesture to all.

He loves this country.

Also, short, sweet, and to the point.

Love his exit song - few will "get" it but it made me smile.

I think it's messed up that Hillary didn't give a speech. From what I read, she couldn't face the people.

15. Likes scott liked this post