Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nate Silver

Last Online
    Today @ 7:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Go ahead. Believe your delusions. They don't matter.
    Numbers are numbers.
    Prove me wrong if I'm delusional.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Numbers are numbers.
    Prove me wrong if I'm delusional.

Why bother. You lost. No matter what YOUR delusions tell you about the polls which have now been blown up.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Why bother. You lost. No matter what YOUR delusions tell you about the polls which have now been blown up.
    I didn't lose.
    Hillary lost.

If Trump is true to what he said, many of my friends lost.

But I'm fine. So long as Trump doesn't start a nuclear war, at least.

Well, I suppose I did lose, as Johnson didn't pull 5%, which was my goal, but I'm sure that you didn't mean that.

But back to the point, it is clear that the spin on the polls was wrong. What you refuse to even look at is that the polls in the swing States had the balance between Trump and Hillary at less than 3% difference. The pundits incorrectly called some of them for Hillary, based lb which way they leaned, but they all went for Trump WITHIN THAT 3% MARGIN OF ERROR.

Essentially the polls said that those States were too close to call and the analysts called them anyway.

I know that is too much for you to absorb, but it is possible that some of the other posters here will comment on it.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    A telling quip from the silver fox Anderson Cooper on CNN this evening: "Why should we ever trust polls again?"

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
    DonaldTrump, Republicans defy all major media polls: ‘We were wrong. I apologize’
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:51 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty interesting article.

“Everybody around elites — namely other elites — were saying Hillary was going to take it,” Mr. Briggs wrote. “It’s difficult to discount the opinion of all your colleagues. Wishcasting, a type of confirmation bias well known to meteorologists, also played a role. Wishcasting is when the evidence that supports a strong desire is given more weight than it deserves. Is there any doubt the whole of the elite media were desperate for Hillary to win?”
    That's a pretty damning indictment of the media. It's also exactly right.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Pretty interesting article.

That's a pretty damning indictment of the media. It's also exactly right.

Wishcasting, a type of confirmation bias well known to meteorologists, also played a role. Wishcasting is when the evidence that supports a strong desire is given more weight than it deserves.

Its why most believe in global warming.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.