Thread: An American Revolution

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

An American Revolution

I am not sure people understand how big this thing is. I am not sure people understand how big Trumpís victory was. Donald Trump didnít just beat Hillary. He beat everybody. Itís the damnedest thing Iíve ever seen, but there is an underlying theme and message to it all. We have just witnessed another American Revolution. This was a total repudiation by the people Ė and not just of Hillary.

Trump beat Hillary, sure.

He also beat obama.

He beat the pollsters.

He beat the legacy media.

He beat Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood.

He beat the DNC.

He beat Hollywood celebrities.

He beat Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen.

He beat Donna Brazile. Thatís just for starters.

He also beat the GOP establishment.

He beat the Bushís.

He beat Lindsey Graham.

Trump has ended the era of the Bushís and the Clintonís. Both dynasties opposed him. Soon he will begin to dismantle the damage Barack Obama has done to this country.

With Republicans maintaining control of the House and Senate, President-elect Trump would be in a position to repeal large parts of Obamaís legislative agenda, repeal his executive orders with a stroke of a pen, and install conservative Supreme Court justices.

It is a tall order.

Trump beat Trump too. People voted for him despite all of his stupid remarks. People were starving for change- for an outsider. They wanted change so badly they were able to overlook the dumb things heís said and done. Trump even got more of the black and latino vote than did Romney. Thatís astonishing.

In the end Trump became the symbol of hope to everyone who voted for him. He made them feel that they have a voice in the country again and that just maybe someone cares about them and not just Wall St and the wealthy elite. They feel like perhaps corruption in government can be ended. Thatís a very potent emotion and while Trump should not be given completely free reign itís something that Congress needs to keep in mind over the next four years. People chose Trumpís message. As long as he tries to make good on it they best help or get out of the way.

Thereís a revolution happening. The damnedest thing Iíve ever seen.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2016/11/...an-revolution/

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

2. Likes Lady Marva liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:40 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    "DrJohn" needs lessons in English.

But his observation is on point.

The media will gnash teeth and pore over every possibility analyzing this victory, but in the end it's all down to "the people" being fed up with "the system". Race plays only the smallest of roles. Hell, religion played only the smallest of roles this time. The 80+% of evangelicals who voted T will come to regret it, I am sure of that.

Of course, I also believe the people that were fed up enough to push Trump over the top are also too stupid to understand how the actual system works, and will be surprised and shocked when even Republicans fail to go along with Trump's more outlandish plans. They're in for a rude awakening.
    ďYour boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! Ö Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!Ē - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    More like a Russian revolution.
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

~ Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    "DrJohn" needs lessons in English.

But his observation is on point.

The media will gnash teeth and pore over every possibility analyzing this victory, but in the end it's all down to "the people" being fed up with "the system". Race plays only the smallest of roles. Hell, religion played only the smallest of roles this time. The 80+% of evangelicals who voted T will come to regret it, I am sure of that.

Of course, I also believe the people that were fed up enough to push Trump over the top are also too stupid to understand how the actual system works, and will be surprised and shocked when even Republicans fail to go along with Trump's more outlandish plans. They're in for a rude awakening.
    If the RINO's don't get in line, they'll be next. The reason Trump is president is because of them. Even Paul Ryan seems to be marching in lockstep now. He knows on which side his bread is buttered.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    He beat the legacy media.

Mark
    One of the best results of this election...no denying their pathetic bias anymore by pretending they're non-partisan.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.