Thread: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying Backlash

Boy, I really agree with this article. The left has pushed this crap onto us for years, and the worst part is, is that if we don't agree with them, we become some kind of hate filled monster.

They can fuck off.

This last election has shown that the left is dwindling in this country. The Democrats presence in the south is virtually non existent, and is spreading to other parts of America.

I live in Portage county, Wisconsin. Portage county is so blue it used to be that people who run for local office around here will run as a democrat or an independent. If you run as a Republican, you might as well not run at all.

Well, something funny is going on. Hillary did beat Trump here, but it wasn't by the margin the Democrats are used to seeing from Portage county. My Democratic state senator just LOST to a Republican. Which would have not been conceivable even 10 years ago.

And from every indication Wisconsin, long considered the second most progressive state in the union, is turning red.

Maybe its time for the Democrats to stop villainizing their opponents and find some common ground.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/09/tr...political-corr

Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless hugely important to a great number of Americans: political correctness.

More specifically, Trump won because he convinced a great number of Americans that he would destroy political correctness.

I have tried to call attention to this issue for years. I have warned that political correctness actually is a problem on college campuses, where the far-left has gained institutional power and used it to punish people for saying or thinking the wrong thing. And ever since Donald Trump became a serious threat to win the GOP presidential primaries, I have warned that a lot of people, both on campus and off it, were furious about political-correctness-run-amokóso furious that they would give power to any man who stood in opposition to it.

I have watched this play out on campus after campus. I have watched dissident student groups invite Milo Yiannopoulos to speakónot because they particularly agree with his views, but because he denounces censorship and undermines political correctness. I have watched students cheer his theatrics, his insulting behavior, and his narcissism solely because the enforcers of campus goodthink are outraged by it. It's not about his ideas, or policies. It's not even about him. It's about vengeance for social oppression.

Trump has done to America what Yiannopoulos did to campus. This is a view Yiannopoulos shares. When I spoke with him about Trump's success months ago, he told me, "Nobody votes for Trump or likes Trump on the basis of policy positions. That's a misunderstanding of what the Trump phenomenon is."

He described Trump as "an icon of irreverent resistance to political correctness." Correctly, I might add.

Rest at link.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    This last election has shown that the left is dwindling in this country.
    Clinton got more votes.

I will bet money Democrats did as well in the House and Senate races.
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

~ Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Clinton got more votes.

I will bet money Democrats did as well in the House and Senate races.
    They thought they would win back the senate, did they? In Wisconsin, the polls showed former senator Fiengold would trounce Republican Ron Johnson. Oops.

The GOP expanded their lead in governorships from 31 to 34. They also made inroads in state governments.

I'm probably wrong Billy. Tell ya what, you lefties just keep on telling everyone who disagrees with you how evil they are. I'm sure that's a winning strategy.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm probably wrong Billy.
    Probably. I am going to spreadsheet it once all the votes are counted.

Tell ya what, you lefties just keep on telling everyone who disagrees with you how evil they are.
    *shrug*

Evil exists.
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably. I am going to spreadsheet it once all the votes are counted.

*shrug*

Evil exists.
    Oh I agree. Evil exists. Its why I urge the left to keep on degrading others with different viewpoints. I mean, what could go wrong?

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I agree. Evil exists. Its why I urge the left to keep on degrading others with different viewpoints. I mean, what could go wrong?

Mark
    Cruelty isn't a "different viewpoint."

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cruelty isn't a "different viewpoint."
    You're right. When we become cruel, let me know.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. When we become cruel, let me know.

Mark
    You have become cruel.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have become cruel.
    Thats the problem with snowflakes, they don't know what cruelty is.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the problem with snowflakes, they don't know what cruelty is.

Mark
    That's the problem with "snowflakes;" you don't understand what Palahniuk meant.