Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SNL nails the left.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Does Amazon do free prime shipping to middleofnowhere, AK?

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    Today @ 8:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post

I buy it local. I just used the Amazon link to show the product. Initially Amazon Prime shipped for free anywhere. They dropped that very quickly after they had a slew of orders for appliances and mattresses to bush alaska.
    If it pays, it stays

3. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    They dropped that very quickly after they had a slew of orders for appliances and mattresses to bush alaska.
    That's why I asked.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 29th, 2018 @ 2:11 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great choice.

My father was a diesel mechanic and was in charge of fleet maint. and repairs for a fairly large trucking firm. Shell's oil was used in their trucks and one advertisement for the oil featured one of the trucks that was owned by the company my father worked for. It had a high number of miles on the motor, I want to say it exceeded a million, it might even of been three million miles. I would have to look for the article. Shell found it to be a big deal, as it was.

They had tried other oils and paid the price with higher repair costs.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 29th, 2018 @ 2:11 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I buy it local. I just used the Amazon link to show the product. Initially Amazon Prime shipped for free anywhere. They dropped that very quickly after they had a slew of orders for appliances and mattresses to bush alaska.
    Living in a bedroom community about 40 miles outside of Las Vegas, I would be lost without Amazon Prime. I use them for almost everything. We don't have many options for shopping and I find it easier to just have things shipped to my front door after shopping from my recliner after work.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Go with what works but,

What you have is a rare specimen of an engine block that was right in the sweet spot of manufacturing tolerances. If I wasn't otherwise occupied I'd buy you a brand new car of your choice and I'd run vegetable oil through that engine for 100K miles just to prove the theory. If you look at the physics, oil either lubricates or it doesn't. The key is knowing the variances and the fluid dynamics of the engine to know whether it's being lubricated with house brand or designer brand.

But go with what works, you're saving money in the long run even if you're overpaying for oil changes.
    I've heard nothing but horror stories with people trying to do WVO conversions on these BEWs and even the older ALH engines. The injectors get ruined quickly trying to force something so thick through such tiny openings. The injectors in the manual trans BEW engines run somewhere around 22,000 PSI. There are several TDI-centric VW mechanics that will flat out refuse to fix or repair any one that's been converted, they're so hopelessly destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    My friend on the Yukon River has Prime and gets free shipping, but nothing arrives in two days because they don't get planes of mail every single day. He's constantly getting free extensions for it, though, because occasionally something'll get held up in Fairbanks for no reason for a week.
    You can't spell "hatred" without "red hat".

Last Online
    Today @ 8:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've heard nothing but horror stories with people trying to do WVO conversions on these BEWs and even the older ALH engines. The injectors get ruined quickly trying to force something so thick through such tiny openings. The injectors in the manual trans BEW engines run somewhere around 22,000 PSI. There are several TDI-centric VW mechanics that will flat out refuse to fix or repair any one that's been converted, they're so hopelessly destroyed.

My friend on the Yukon River has Prime and gets free shipping, but nothing arrives in two days because they don't get planes of mail every single day. He's constantly getting free extensions for it, though, because occasionally something'll get held up in Fairbanks for no reason for a week.
    Tell him to order a mattress or refrigerator and get back to me about that free shipping.
    If it pays, it stays