Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SNL nails the left.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I know many that are lawyers, along with the 60 something year old attorney who couldn't bring herself to get out of bed and go to work the next day. My circles run in the very liberal PA suburbs that were targeted in this election. My county is red at the local level, blue at the presidential level. The next 2 counties over are blue...I will be seeing them all tonight. I'm involved in a national group of attorneys, and of the approximately 70 attorneys that are from Pennsylvania in that group, I am the only conservative left, now that my partner has passed. Last week I was having dinner with 2 of them on Monday, and 4 of us were having dinner on Tuesday. I told them on Monday if Trump won, I'd buy dinner the next night. They all laughed and mocked me for taking the "long bet". Since it ended up being two men and two women, the two men shared the check. I owe them a dinner.
    Maybe it is a bicoastal thing.

I have liberal friends. They aren't Pajama Boy caricature, though. One family of hyperliberals home school and have their kids showing livestock in various shows up to the State Fair of Texas. Some teacher friends who are liberals from a Bosnian immigrant who was a teenager during the siege of Sarajevo to a Ugandan whose English is hypnotic to listen to. None of these individuals are Pajama Boy. The thought of my friend from Bosnia wilting at anything, much less an election, is laughable.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    Sunday, March 24th, 2019 @ 3:25 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since Chris Rock was brought up I have to bring this old gem out:

And now Donald is his boss and Donald and Melania are his mom and dad and he does what they say.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The part about the Electoral College and the popular vote was interesting...an fact. All you heard throughout this election, including on here, is how Trump could never win because Hillary was already ahead with EC votes. Also, while Trump might win the popular vote, too bad...and he better accept the results. Ironic, considering what the battle cry is now by some Hillary voters.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

4. Likes scott, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Also, while Trump might win the popular vote, too bad...and he better accept the results. Ironic, considering what the battle cry is now by some Hillary voters.
    I don't recall that conversation.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Maybe it is a bicoastal thing.

I have liberal friends. They aren't Pajama Boy caricature, though. One family of hyperliberals home school and have their kids showing livestock in various shows up to the State Fair of Texas. Some teacher friends who are liberals from a Bosnian immigrant who was a teenager during the siege of Sarajevo to a Ugandan whose English is hypnotic to listen to. None of these individuals are Pajama Boy. The thought of my friend from Bosnia wilting at anything, much less an election, is laughable.
    I live among the Northeast elite. The Pajama Boy is real.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live among the Northeast elite. The Pajama Boy is real.
    Maybe that's why it offends me. It is a caricature that has no basis in reality for me. Jeez, I know a liberal that built his own house. Pajama Boy doesn't look all that handy with the tools to me. I think Pajama Boy has more in common with Trump's boys than he does most male liberals I know.

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe that's why it offends me. It is a caricature that has no basis in reality for me. Jeez, I know a liberal that built his own house. Pajama Boy doesn't look all that handy with the tools to me. I think Pajama Boy has more in common with Trump's boys than he does most male liberals I know.
    We have those guys too. But they're not liberals. They're conservatives. Or Amish.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have those guys too. But they're not liberals. They're conservatives. Or Amish.
    Can't be Amish. One liberal guy I know does frame up restorations on late 60's and early 70's Oldsmobile muscle cars.

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't be Amish. One liberal guy I know does frame up restorations on late 60's and early 70's Oldsmobile muscle cars.
    I meant up here. Anyone working on a muscle car is conservative. The guy taking his Volvo or Audi to the dealer for an oil change is a liberal.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I meant up here. Anyone working on a muscle car is conservative. The guy taking his Volvo or Audi to the dealer for an oil change is a liberal.
    Volvo Audi is yoga pants boob job suburban Republican here. And like your liberal, they go to the dealer to get the oil changed.

~ Hannah Arendt