Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quantifiable results.

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 4:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    I agree. My wife and I have retirement plans. Should I die the month I retire, that money is still there. My SS, after 40+ years of paying in, is worthless.

Mark
    It really is too bad because as a wealth creation vehicle it could be amazingly effective and by doing that it would provide stability and a great deal more resources to alleviate poverty in old age.

Would you willingly contribute 3% of your income knowing that you probably wouldn't use it but just in case if the other mandatory 3% you contribute were yours to use or pass on? Of course you would. Would you do it now if you only got to allocate 1% of your income and 5% went to shoring up the system with the plan being that your grandkids would be unencumbered? Of course your would. You aren't a stupid liberal.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    It really is too bad because as a wealth creation vehicle it could be amazingly effective and by doing that it would provide stability and a great deal more resources to alleviate poverty in old age.

Would you willingly contribute 3% of your income knowing that you probably wouldn't use it but just in case if the other mandatory 3% you contribute were yours to use or pass on? Of course you would. Would you do it now if you only got to allocate 1% of your income and 5% went to shoring up the system with the plan being that your grandkids would be unencumbered? Of course your would. You aren't a stupid liberal.
    Creation of wealth is the single biggest advantage to having a private plan. If a parent dies, at least he has something to leave his kids.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

3. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. My wife and I have retirement plans. Should I die the month I retire, that money is still there. My SS, after 40+ years of paying in, is worthless.

Mark
    Wouldn't your wife draw your Soc Security?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Creation of wealth is the single biggest advantage to having a private plan. If a parent dies, at least he has something to leave his kids.

Mark
    Going to have to be mandatory contributions, given the woeful lack of savings people nearing retirement have currently.
    OR.................people will have to fare on their own without Soc Security. Ok.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was an interesting thread.

The Unemployment Rate is meaningless except in 2009 when it discredited the entire presidency of B. Hussein Obama.
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Today @ 9:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post

The Unemployment Rate is meaningless except in 2009 when it discredited the entire presidency of B. Hussein Obama.
    The unemployment rate is meaningless when it gets manipulated into claiming under 5% of the population is unemployed when nearly a third of the population is unemployed.

Blame your messiah for that one, not us.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

8. Likes Newman, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The unemployment rate is meaningless when it gets manipulated into claiming under 5% of the population is unemployed when nearly a third of the population is unemployed.

Blame your messiah for that one, not us.
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 4:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post

Only in your head.

It certainly has become less of an indicator of economic success though.