Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Popular Vote Tracker

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Can I blame Al Gore?
    I know I do.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    I know I do.

My man Snopes says you are correct, so I am reluctantly forced to admit that you are right

Last Online
    Today @ 5:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not true.
    Do you have an authoritative source for this or are you just repeating what you heard on MSNBC?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Do you have an authoritative source for this or are you just repeating what you heard on MSNBC?

I looked at a couple of sites (probably should have done this before I made my post) and they all say that absentee votes are counted. I don't know how valid all of the sites are, but one I am looking at now is Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP.gov) and looks to be affiliated with the Dept. of Defense.

It doesn't change the fact that the popular vote is meaningless in a presidential election, but what I read about absentee votes not being counted would seem to be untrue.

Last Online
    Today @ 3:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I looked at a couple of sites (probably should have done this before I made my post) and they all say that absentee votes are counted. I don't know how valid all of the sites are, but one I am looking at now is Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP.gov) and looks to be affiliated with the Dept. of Defense.

It doesn't change the fact that the popular vote is meaningless in a presidential election, but what I read about absentee votes not being counted would seem to be untrue.
    I suspect that it's partially true. It's rather pointless on election night to futz around with 15,000 absentee ballots when candidate A has already beaten candidate B by 40,000 votes, so the state probably goes ahead and announces that candidate A has won. Then there are a couple of weeks before an election has to be certified, and I would wager that they go ahead and report that A got 348,643 votes and B got 307,982 votes when all of the final tallying has been done.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 1.3 million and now a full percentage point.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    Today @ 5:15 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I suspect that it's partially true. It's rather pointless on election night to futz around with 15,000 absentee ballots when candidate A has already beaten candidate B by 40,000 votes, so the state probably goes ahead and announces that candidate A has won. Then there are a couple of weeks before an election has to be certified, and I would wager that they go ahead and report that A got 348,643 votes and B got 307,982 votes when all of the final tallying has been done.
    Without provisional votes isn't it just another circle jerk though?

Last Online
    Today @ 2:38 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I thought it was interesting. The data itself is interesting. One could argue that it wasn't so much that Trump won, but that Hillary lost.
    Non-voting college whiners should jot a note to themselves!

Last Online
    Today @ 3:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Without provisional votes isn't it just another circle jerk though?
    Isn't what a circle-jerk? Counting all of the votes?
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 24th, 2019 @ 3:25 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 1.3 million and now a full percentage point.
    And she's still not president.

11. Likes RobJohnson liked this post