Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recount Road to Nowhere

Last Online
    Today @ 2:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    And why, pray tell, would an option for recount be included in the law, except to resolve questions about the tally?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:15 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Oh, we've got your understanding to go on. Good enough for me.
    You've got Jill Stein's imagination to go on.

I'll take my understanding, thanks.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Friggin' waste of tax dollars. What in the blazes of blues does Jill Stein hope to get out of this?
    Money. Lots of money.

At least in the case of Wisconsin, tax dollars aren't wasted because someone wanting a recount has to actually pay for that recount.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

But, see, I haven't declared a miscount, whereas you have reached conclusions based on your fact-free understanding. What are the details of this testing process? Is it as unfakeable as Volkswagen emissions testing?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    And why, pray tell, would an option for recount be included in the law, except to resolve questions about the tally?
    Are you seriously arguing that the law allows only virtuous pursuits?

And I thought an evidence-free conspiracy theory was weak.

Just to spell it out, the law can often be abused. It can be poorly written, even, to allow for abuse. The law may intend one thing and be used for some "off label" purpose, as is the case here.

The law may have intended recounts to be available to resolve close contests. These are not close contests, and the intent is not to rectify them but to sow suspicion of any result, since the hacking imagined is "undetectable."

The only salutary effect of these sponsored recounts is to further isolate passionate progressives and delusional Democrats from the mainstream electorate. And I also hope and pray they elect Rep. Ellison to guide them.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you seriously arguing that the law allows only virtuous pursuits?

And I thought an evidence-free conspiracy theory was weak.

Just to spell it out, the law can often be abused. It can be poorly written, even, to allow for abuse. The law may intend one thing and be used for some "off label" purpose, as is the case here.

The law may have intended recounts to be available to resolve close contests. These are not close contests, and the intent is not to rectify them but to sow suspicion of any result, since the hacking imagined is "undetectable."

The only salutary effect of these sponsored recounts is to further isolate passionate progressives and delusional Democrats from the mainstream electorate. And I also hope and pray they elect Rep. Ellison to guide them.
    My argument is that recounts resolve questions about the count, not raise them. That's why the law makes allowances for them. I thought I was extremely clear about that.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    My argument is that recounts resolve questions about the count, not raise them. That's why the law makes allowances for them. I thought I was extremely clear about that.
    "I thought I was extremely disingenuous about that."

Fixed.

I'll edit to be clear. You are suggesting this is a virtuous investigation to confirm the integrity of the ballot in these states. I don't believe you believe that.
    Last edited by Newman; Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I thought I was extremely disingenuous about that."

Fixed.

I'll edit to be clear. You are suggesting this is a virtuous investigation to confirm the integrity of the ballot in these states. I don't believe you believe that.
    You continue to be extremely disingenuous. I do not need you to translate for me.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Friggin' waste of tax dollars. What in the blazes of blues does Jill Stein hope to get out of this?
    No tax dollars. The recount I'd oasis for by voluntary donations.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagination? More like delusion. Considering what has happened to the democrat party, delusion is probably a comfort.

Jill Stein = one more grifter from the left...no surprise there.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.