Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Clinton-Trump divide: High-output America vs low-output America

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's hilarious to read the article, and then read someone commenting about Republicans "sneering" at the people. The anger is going to eat you alive. We lived through the Clinton and Obama losses. Y'all can live through this one.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

2. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It's hilarious to read the article, and then read someone commenting about Republicans "sneering" at the people. The anger is going to eat you alive. We lived through the Clinton and Obama losses. Y'all can live through this one.
    I'll get a nice tax cut. I will not only live, I will thrive.

Sorry to hear you missed so many meals the last 8 years.
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    I'll get a nice tax cut. I will not only live, I will thrive.

Sorry to hear you missed so many meals the last 8 years.
    I can't believe y'all are acting like this is the absolute end of the world. Get over it. Your Arkie relatives would be a bit grateful if you didn't sneer quite so much at their backwardness and uselessness to the rest of the country.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

5. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Define productivity.
    When we export beef, is it counted as a product of eastern California or Alameda County?
    The counties in California which actually produce something other than Teslas and sticky green pot are bright red.

To the best of my knowledge, Palm Beach County produces nothing, but a lot of money changes hands there.
    Baltimore City is a welfare pit, but probably gets credit for the imports that pass through the port.
    You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.

7. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Define productivity.
    When we export beef, is it counted as a product of eastern California or Alameda County?
    Both, I hope. "Productivity" is not exclusively about creating a product. If the eastern counties can't get that product to market, they're not going to be very productive; they'll just eat what they grow. Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties have the warehouse workers who handle the product, the workers who operate the Shell and Chevron refineries, without which the product rots in the field, the longshoremen without whom it rots in the warehouse, the employees of the SF and Oakland Port authorities, without whom nobody knows where to take it or when....and so on.

The counties in California which actually produce something other than Teslas and sticky green pot are bright red.
    Nonsense. The #1 commercial fishing industry in the country doesn't operate out of Del Norte or Kern County. 90% of the wine production in the US isn't being carried out in Lassen or Inyo County. The county famous for its sticky green pot also outproduced most of the red counties in conventional agricultural products by about 4:1 or more on average.

Teslas, computer parts, software and fancy coffee are products, regardless of your personal contempt for them.

To the best of my knowledge, Palm Beach County produces nothing, but a lot of money changes hands there.
    No idea, but we're always being told that the rich create jobs. If lots of money is changing hands, there must be rich people, and they must be creating jobs, if nothing but jobs in personal services.

Baltimore City is a welfare pit, but probably gets credit for the imports that pass through the port.
    At least partly, no doubt, as it should. No port, no import or export.

Every state, county and lesser political subdivision has takers and producers. It's the net result that counts.

Now, if you want to start a project to export homeless people from Oakland to work in the fields of the Central Valley, I'll help.
    Last edited by Celeste Chalfonte; Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at 10:56 PM.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Sunday, May 24th, 2020 @ 1:28 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter. You don't need the consent of the governed in this nation. We are minority rule.

This asinine whine has gone on far too long.

Newsflash: just because Clinton managed to score a lot more votes in California does not mean that she won the election. It's long past time for you to pull up your big boy panties and deal with fucking reality. We have an electoral college for a reason, and tough shit if you don't like it. Go ahead and try to get a Constitutional Amendment passed if you want to change it. You can easily start this with the Texas legislature. Good luck getting 37 other states to sign away their sovereignty, though.

And no, some majority of votes in California does not mean that the rest of the country doesn't consent to be governed. That's just a bald-faced fucking lie, and you damn well know it.

Now shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up. The rest of the country is sick of your shit, as the election has undeniably proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

10. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 8:26 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so there will be no discussion about the financial divide in this country and the political implications of that because you folks have decided to take personal offence at the dry economic labelling of counties as "low output."

Tell me again how political correctness is shutting down real discussion.

12. Likes Billy Jingo, Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

This asinine whine has gone on far too long.
    Oh, no. It will go on much longer.

Want to bet Lorne Greene that Democrats got more votes nationally than Republicans for the House? I will let you off the hook with the Senate since that is one of the most anti-democratic institutions imagined (next to the House of Lords) in a democratic nation.

Newsflash: just because Clinton managed to score a lot more votes in California ....
    There's the sneer. There's the disregard. People from Idaho matter; go fuck yourself Californians.

You are just happy that you are a Sunni in Saddam's Iraq.
    "The universe we live in increasingly resembles some kind of dark satire about the decline of the United States."

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 4:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, no. It will go on much longer.

Want to bet Lorne Greene that Democrats got more votes nationally than Republicans for the House? I will let you off the hook with the Senate since that is one of the most anti-democratic institutions imagined (next to the House of Lords) in a democratic nation.

There's the sneer. There's the disregard. People from Idaho matter; go fuck yourself Californians.

You are just happy that you are a Sunni in Saddam's Iraq.
    Without a voice, the small states would have never joined the union. In essence, the states actually are the voters. The electoral college makes it so. And the voters in the states voted for Trump 30 to 20.

Get over it.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

15. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could probably take that same story and substitute the word "crime" for "output" and the story would be just as ridiculously valid.

17. Likes Lady Marva, 80zephyr liked this post