Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protesting Radio City Rockettes are being told they must dance at Trump’s inaugurati…

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a second. Didn't Frostbit post that the whole thing is bogus? Didn't happen? Has no basis in fact?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 8:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Wait a second. Didn't Frostbit post that the whole thing is bogus? Didn't happen? Has no basis in fact?
    I wouldn't trust it either. It was SNOPES. Scott thinks it bias, Norm thinks it's Biblical.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    I wouldn't trust it either. It was SNOPES. Scott thinks it bias, Norm thinks it's Biblical.
    scott claimed they scrubbed a page from their website, and I showed it was not scrubbed.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    scott claimed they scrubbed a page from their website, and I showed it was not scrubbed.
    My mistake. That was PolitiFact. You were the one with the bogus attack on Snopes.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Today @ 1:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    We just decided to make a bad reality TV star our president. A little late to look down your nose at entertainers now.
    "A little late"?

I'm not sure what you mean, but the media were well practiced looking down on Mr. Trump for the past year+. Heck, you even start with a condescending snark in this very post, you oxymoron you.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 24th, 2019 @ 3:25 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    We just decided to make a bad reality TV star our president. A little late to look down your nose at entertainers now.
    It's never too late to look down at entertainers.

He's not that anymore so if we're going to continue to judge someone by one part of their life then we made an admitted cokehead president in the two prior elections.

7. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 29th, 2018 @ 2:11 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

A member of the Radio City Rockettes took to social media to express her disappointment with having to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration.
    In a since-deleted Instagram post, one of the Rockettes displayed a photo of her declaring Trump “Not my President!”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-to-perform-at

Last Online
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "not my president" line has always bothered me.

Whether you voted for him or not, whether you like him or not, a President elected by the constitutionally approved process is OUR President for all Americans.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.
    All mistakes are caused by the phone.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

10. Likes Celeste Chalfonte, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's never too late to look down at entertainers.

He's not that anymore so if we're going to continue to judge someone by one part of their life then we made an admitted cokehead president in the two prior elections.
    You might have a point if your Cheeto Jesus stopped tweeting a couple of decades ago.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    Today @ 1:37 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really this is absurd. I didn't vote for Obama and felt his policies would be bad but he was my President.

I don't know how the Rockettes work but in Denver most dance companies have a handful of full-time dancers and a boatload of part-time/on-call dancers who desperately want to be full-time.

You could eliminate the entire full-time troupe and replace them with understudies, part-timers, and wait-listed performers without the most of the audience ever knowing a thing - that's how good those people are. They as good as the full-timers but just not on that audition day. It's like the Olympics: the difference in the medals is just that day.

Meh, like most of the country, I will catch the swearing in but ignore the rest of it. If I wouldn't make time to see a Super Bowl half-time show, I wouldn't make time to see the presidential equivalent regardless of who won. Just like the Super Bowl.

13. Likes RobJohnson liked this post