Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geek humor

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

2. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not exactly geek humor, but still, I LOLed:

Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

4. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    And that is exactly why people invite them to parties...once.
    Why? I thought they were all pretty funny except the Newton and Pascal one. Too much physicis for this language major.

I did think the engineer was going to be more creative and figure if he got close enough, he could get the woman to come to him, since she had no restrictions on her movements, but that may be because my dad and brother-in-law were not typical no-social-skills engineering types. Engineers with a well-developed sense of mischief.

ETA: OK, I don't get the stormtrooper and redshirt one. But I REALLY like "installed java."
    Last edited by Celeste Chalfonte; Friday, April 4th, 2014 at 5:46 PM.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    ETA: OK, I don't get the stormtrooper and redshirt one. But I REALLY like "installed java."
    There's a co-mingling of two running sci-fi jokes. The first is that stormtroopers can't shoot for shit. If you watch closely at the shooting scenes in the Star Wars movies (particularly the first one), these guys just have all sorts of ample time to get their shot off and take out Leia or Luke or whomever, but they still miss by a country mile. The other joke is that the redshirt always dies. In pretty much every episode of the original Star Trek, whenever anyone in a red shirt beamed to the surface of a planet, it was a one-way trip for him.

Last Online
    Saturday, December 7th, 2019 @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    There's a co-mingling of two running sci-fi jokes. The first is that stormtroopers can't shoot for shit. If you watch closely at the shooting scenes in the Star Wars movies (particularly the first one), these guys just have all sorts of ample time to get their shot off and take out Leia or Luke or whomever, but they still miss by a country mile. The other joke is that the redshirt always dies. In pretty much every episode of the original Star Trek, whenever anyone in a red shirt beamed to the surface of a planet, it was a one-way trip for him.
    LOL! If you are not the leading character on any 'Security Team', if you mainly stay in the 'circuitry room', or if you wear the same costume as the other 5 people - you are toast.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Oh. So that was actually a pop culture joke. That explains it.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    "35% of my party believes that Obama's a Muslim born in Kenya; [Trump's] locked that crowd down."

~ Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to stop reading this thread. I'm coming to the conclusion that "geek humor" is an oxymoron. OK, I teed it up....

13. Likes RobJohnson liked this post