Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norm resurrects an old thread and then chides Gramps for commenting on it? Brilliant.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

2. Likes scott, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Norm resurrects an old thread and then chides Gramps for commenting on it? Brilliant.
    I don't know what you see as chiding. All I did was inform him. I should be way more abrasive in general so you would be less sensitive to flat statements.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    It's an old thread, Gramps. Check the timestamps.
    Man, that's harsh.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what you see as chiding. All I did was inform him. I should be way more abrasive in general so you would be less sensitive to flat statements.
    You bring your history with you.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

6. Likes scott, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Norm, just start a new thread. It's free and everything.

I'm pretty sure people all over the world say, "Just go back home" when immigrants or the children of immigrants whine about any country. Americans aren't somehow special in this regard, it's human nature.

Seriously, though - there's no charge for new threads.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

8. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 2:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I'm pretty sure people all over the world say, "Just go back home" when immigrants or the children of immigrants whine about any country. Americans aren't somehow special in this regard, it's human nature.

Itís all good. He lured Gramps out of the closet.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I start new threads all the time. I don't need to be told. In this case, I meant to pull up an old post where the "go back where you came from" trope was featured, so that thinking persons might understand how people view the president's tweets. But feel free to use it as an opportunity to be victims. I know you folks really love that.

-H. L. Mencken

11. Likes Billy Jingo liked this post
    Dislikes Djharkavy disliked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    You bring your history with you.
    Some more than others.

But I have faith in people. I have faith that people will see that an old thread has been updated; they will understand why; and they will react accordingly. I have faith that if someone fails to notice that it's an old thread and starts arguing with old posts, and someone alerts them to the fact that it's an old thread, that person will appreciate the heads-up and not take offense where none is given.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 at 1:18 AM.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some more than others.

But I have faith in people. I have faith that people will see that an old thread has been updated; they will understand why; and they will react accordingly. I have faith that if someone fails to notice that it's an old thread and starts arguing with old posts, and someone alerts them to the fact that it's an old thread, that person will appreciate the heads-up and not take offense where none is given.
    Why do you believe that Gramps didn't react accordingly? Because he ignored your post?

Philly certainly wasn't offended by you. She was just pointing out the irony of your post because of your past and present history on here.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

14. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Why do you believe that Gramps didn't react accordingly? Because he ignored your post?
    He was too friendly for this non-chiding forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Oh for Christs sake.
    I have listened to this bullshit from you for years as 'safe and rare' morphed into 'any time at any stage including at birth' and you have supported it all.

I have watched you moan about the abuses of illegal immigrants by Bush but you didn't say SHIT or concede what Obama did.

You need to cleanse your mind and grow up mentally.

-H. L. Mencken