Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 235

Thread: Driven to the "Fringe".

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Anyone in Portland is screwed up till proven otherwise. I'll be there this weekend but I've taken a vaccine that protects me.
    I think that is near Norm's neck of the woods.
    Getting together for a beer?
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    4,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Speaking of the Portland stuff, in regards to the shooter. The shooter's name was Jeremy Christian. People tend to look at this and say "This is Trump's America." According to sources (not mainstream ones, can't find that and I'll admit it), it looks like he was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

    http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/pol...voter/NpnqLAc/

    It has supposed screenshots of his facebook page. He didn't seem to like Trump or his picks.
    Shooter? What shooter?
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
    Posts
    4,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    He's not a shooter. He used a knife. And darn that Bernie with his anti-Muslim rhetoric!
    My bad. The point is not everything is Trump's fault or a result of stuff he says.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:16 PM
    Posts
    11,173
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Speaking of the Portland stuff, in regards to the shooter. The shooter's name was Jeremy Christian. People tend to look at this and say "This is Trump's America." According to sources (not mainstream ones, can't find that and I'll admit it), it looks like he was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

    http://www.funnyjunk.com/channel/pol...voter/NpnqLAc/

    It has supposed screenshots of his facebook page. He didn't seem to like Trump or his picks.
    Bwhahahahha. My lefty family has been blaming this latest tragedy on Trump.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    13,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is pretty clearly a head case, and I don't think he has any coherent political position. But I do think he has soaked up the tenor of our national politics and is heavily influenced by it.

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  6. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  7. #106
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Monday, September 16th, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
    Posts
    4,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    This guy is pretty clearly a head case, and I don't think he has any coherent political position. But I do think he has soaked up the tenor of our national politics and is heavily influenced by it.
    Check this video out.

    http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2017/05...ending-videos/

    He's ranting about Muslims and Christians. Some people seem to think all religion is evil. I do think it's possible that some of them want to do something to eliminate the problems they feel religion bring.

    This isn't the only case. This man killed a couple of Muslims over a "parking dispute," but then it came out that he was an atheist who thought all religion was bad.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/fivepoi...ns-anti-theism

    ďI donít deny you your right to believe whatever youíd like; but I have the right to point out itís ignorant and dangerous for as long as your baseless superstitions keep killing people,Ē the text in the photo read.
    I've read atheists make the case online for why religion is bad and is the cause for so much evil, violence, etc. Their arguments sound dangerously similar to when Christians or "Christians" make the case for why Islam will kill everybody. I'll admit this is rare. It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much as people killing in the name of religion, but I do think there's a danger to anti-theism (Disclaimer: Most atheists are not anti-theists).

    Anyway, I think that's what happened with that guy in Portland. He had his own fringe going on.

    Imagine a world without religion. Supposedly, every bad thing would go away. Nobody would rob a store. Nobody would want to kill when they can't eat or are taught that others are bad. World wide atheism would just solve all the world's problems in the eyes of some people. Some think world wide socialism would do the trick.

  8. #107
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 7:44 AM
    Posts
    10,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post



    Imagine a world without religion. Supposedly, every bad thing would go away. Nobody would rob a store. Nobody would want to kill when they can't eat or are taught that others are bad. World wide atheism would just solve all the world's problems in the eyes of some people. Some think world wide socialism would do the trick.
    Samaritan's Purse. Catholic Charities. They exist for a reason.

  9. #108
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    13,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    This lady seems pretty emboldened.


    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  10. #109
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:19 PM
    Posts
    9,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    This lady seems pretty emboldened.



    No context, of course. It would be fun to know how this chirpy exchange began. Maybe Shaun King knows. He knows she's a Trump supporter.

  11. #110
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Posts
    13,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post


    No context, of course. It would be fun to know how this chirpy exchange began. Maybe Shaun King knows. He knows she's a Trump supporter.
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of context would make "we're gonna kill every one of you fucking Muslims" okay?

    On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

  12. Likes Tom Servo liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •